Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Ceased

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.2.1 (JB)

Source:: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Transformer Prime TF201

Current Version: cm-10.1-20130214-UNOFFICIAL-tf201

I've decided to stop working on this and focus on ParanoidAndroid since Namidairo is doing builds over at XDA. I'll keep the thread just for general CM 10.1 discussion. There is a link to Namidairo's CM 10.1 thread near the bottom of this post. I'll also leave the links up, just don't expect updates from me any time soon.

<--------->
This is an unofficial build of CM10.1 for the TF201. Requires the JB Bootloader and JB compatible recovery to work and flash (I recommend TWRP).
The easiest way to get them is to download craigacgomez's CM10 build as it has everything you need. You can download it here.

A list of features can be found on the Cyanogenmod website.

As of 1/27/2013, the dock is fully functional. I've also added AutoParts, which allows you to change the CPU performance modes.
2/13/2013: Bluetooth is working.

Install Instructions:
1.Make sure you have the JB Bootloader and JB compatible recovery (flash craig's cm10 build first w/gapps if necessary and reboot).
2.Download the ROM here. MD5: ee12bd443d1912718d568a0fe2b90af2
3.Download gapps for android 4.2.1 here
4.I recommend doing a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache, and wipe system) regardless of what ROM you are coming from. Dirty flashing should be okay for updates.
5.Flash ROM followed by gapps and reboot.

Most things seem to work in this ROM, but I am my only tester. Some bugs I've noticed:

1.The multi-user function doesn't work when a theme is applied. Reverting to the system theme and rebooting fixes the problem. (Thanks EnVy MoNtOyA).
2.The dock SD Card doesn't mount properly.

Credits:
The Cyanogenmod Team for the ROM
Namidairo over at XDA for the device tree, kernel, and vendor files.
Link to Namidairo's CM 10.1 thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2053269

Note: I'm not a developer, I'm just a builder. I will, however, support this as best I can.

Note2: I have managed to make a slight modification to the Theme Engine in this ROM. It should allow you to apply any CM10 theme from the Google Play store, regardless of screen size. I've only tested dustinb's cobalt themes, but others should work. FYI, themes break the multi-user feature.

Edited by Voyager2k, 27 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

• 3 Likes

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:45 PM #2

Older Builds:
cm-10.1-20130106-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip
cm-10.1-20130110-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip
cm-10.1-20130122-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip
cm-10.1-20130125-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip
cm-10.1-20130127-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip
cm-10.1-20130208-UNOFFICIAL-tf201.zip

Edited by Voyager2k, 13 February 2013 - 07:06 PM.

• 0 Likes

EnVy MoNtOyA

EnVy MoNtOyA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:30 PM #3

Hey I've learned that any theme tweaks breaks the multiple user accounts

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
  • 1 Likes

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:39 PM #4

Thanks for the info EnVy. OP updated.
  • 0 Likes

skywolf

skywolf

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 AM #5

great rom, thanks for doing this. Just a quick question as i have been away from my TF201 for a while now and just come back to it. Is there a changelog you can point me in the direction of. I am interested to see if Bluetooth is working? as i do not seem to have it working with the current build. I will be putting your update of 17th on tonight when i get in from work. thanks again.

EDIT* i have found the link to the changelog http://changelog.bbq...201/cm10.1/next

Edited by skywolf, 18 January 2013 - 04:56 AM.

• 0 Likes

alias4ever

alias4ever

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:06 PM #6

Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.2.1 (JB)

Source:: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Transformer Prime TF201

Current Version: cm-10.1-20130118-UNOFFICIAL-tf201

Title pretty much says it all. This is CM10.1 for the TF201. Requires the JB Bootloader and JB compatible recovery to work and flash (I recommend TWRP).
The easiest way to get them is to download craigacgomez's CM10 build as it has everything you need. You can download it here.

A list of features can be found on the Cyanogenmod website.

Install Instructions:
1.Make sure you have the JB Bootloader and JB compatible recovery (flash craig's cm10 build first w/gapps if necessary and reboot).
2.Download the ROM here
3.Download gapps for android 4.2.1 here
4.I recommend doing a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache/dalvik cache, and wipe system) regardless of what ROM you are coming from. Dirty flashing should be okay for updates.
5.Flash ROM followed by gapps and reboot.

Most things seem to work in this ROM, but I am my only tester. Some bugs I've noticed:

1.The multi-user function doesn't work when a theme is applied. Reverting to the system theme and rebooting fixes the problem. (Thanks EnVy MoNtOyA).
2.The dock works for the most part. The keyboard itself works, but the toggles (wifi, brightness, trackpad on/off, etc) don't.
3.The on-screen keyboard still appears when docked.

There may be more bugs I haven't come across. Let me know and I'll add them to the list.

Credits:
The Cyanogenmod Team for the ROM
Namidairo over at XDA for the device tree
The AndroidRoot Team for the kernel

Note: I'm not a developer, I'm just a builder. I will, however, try to update this every few nights and will support this as best I can.

Note2: I have managed to make a slight modification to the Theme Engine in this ROM. It should allow you to apply any CM10 theme from the Google Play store, regardless of screen size. I've only tested dustinb's cobalt themes, but others should work. FYI, themes break the multi-user feature.

Mediafire is not allowing to download. :androidsad: It says something that I need to purchase this "song" on Amazon??? :huh:
  • 0 Likes

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:20 AM #7

For some reason, mediafire has decided that the file is copyrighted material. I'll re-upload the file later today.

EDIT: New build is uploaded.

Edited by Voyager2k, 21 January 2013 - 06:37 PM.

• 1 Likes

Vitalero

Vitalero

Unstable

• 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:29 PM #8

Since you make both the cyng and the PA which one you recommend more? how near they to be complete or atlist near the official released.
TY!
  • 0 Likes

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM #9

Believe it or not, it's hard for me to say. I have to jump between the two a lot since I don't have any other testers. PA offers more customization, but CM seems more stable, so that might make a better daily driver.

EDIT: I should probably clarify I am in no way affiliated with CyanogenMod or ParanoidAndroid, and so I can't comment on an "official" release of either ROM.

Edited by Voyager2k, 21 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

• 0 Likes

Vitalero

Vitalero

Unstable

• 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:14 AM #10

TY for your answer i might unlock it today and put CM on it then.
  • 0 Likes