1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Want a new phone but can't give up Unlimited Data? Read here!

• Please log in to reply

Hellboy

Hellboy

Android Guru

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:29 PM #11

Np and hell yeah on taking it if she doesn't like it. Its like with my wife every phone I get her she complains about something on it. But 99% of it I can fix if she let me root it. But noooooo I hear don't touch my phone but make it work. She sounds like an iPhone owner lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

• 1 Likes

DeReaper

DeReaper

Super User

• 496 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:03 PM #12

lol yeah she never wanted me to root her thunderbolt but couldn't stand how mine always worked better :P
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

Hellboy

Hellboy

Android Guru

• 2,027 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:37 PM #13

Women -_-

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  • 1 Likes

tm24fan8

tm24fan8

Android Apprentice

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:26 AM #14

lol yeah she never wanted me to root her thunderbolt but couldn't stand how mine always worked better :P

See my wife caught on to that and now demands I root her phones and do whatever it takes to make them as good as I've made my Thunderbolt. Course now she's on an Inc2 which I'd say is a better phone anyway, but even nicer with CM9 :P

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes

OP DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R

Average Android

• 222 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:02 AM #15

One flaw in your math there. You forgot the taxes and other fees they tack on every month on your bill. So if you figure those in I bet you might come out cheaper just paying full retail pricing. I think this is why Verizon has raised the subsidized prices on their phones. They are not stupid people it didn't take long for them to figure it out. They did a silent fix so they wouldn't have to listen to people bitch at them. In the end they are getting more money in the long run than they would have if they sold it to you outright at the full price.

So in the end who is screwing over who? Lol

Unless you have someone in your family that needs a second line and is happy with a dumb phone. Then its a waste of money and you was better off just paying retail for the phone.

Then what happens in a year when you want another new phone. Add another line and do the same thing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I left out taxes on both sides of the coin, so you can tack on an additional amount for both. Even after you include the monthly taxes and surcharges to the additional line it still comes out to cheaper than the full retail price, and it let's you finance. All the while this is assuming the premium $299.99 initial subsidized pricing. Give it a short period of time and I'm sure we'll see the discount price drop to even lower, widening the gap in savings from buying full retail.

But you are correct in that if you have someone on your account with a dumb-phone line already, using their upgrade to buy the phone then transfer the device to your line would be 100% better than opening a new line. I was just making the general idea out so that it could be used by ANYONE with a bare minimum of 1 line that has unlimited data.

Thanks for your post.
  • 0 Likes
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

JellyBeans Build 10 with Perseus Kernel v32.1