- - - - -

Trident Kraken Case

• Please log in to reply

OP dcjamies

dcjamies

Android Beginner

• 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:54 PM #1

Anyone else have one of these? Seems really cool. However, since putting it on, the proximity sensor will not let the phone sleep while on a call. There is an opening/notch for the sensor. Thoughts?

Picked one up on Amazon for $10
http://www.amazon.co...ken thunderbolt
  • 0 Likes

CC268

CC268

Experienced Android Enthusiast

• 754 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:34 PM #2

I have one, used it for about a week and stopped using it haha. It is a very cool looking case, but I thought it was a total PITA to take it on and off and it fit kind of crappy. Otherwise, I thought it wasn't a bad case
  • 0 Likes
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Galaxy Nexus - Rooted

HTC Thunderbolt - Retired
Samsung Fascinate - Water Damaged

OP dcjamies

dcjamies

Android Beginner

• 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 PM #3

UPDATE: I noticed the opening was not completely centered over the sensor. I widened the opening just a smidge with my pocket knife (just barely trimmed it) and now it works like a charm.
Yes, it is a PITA to get it open, however, I plan on leaving it on 99% of the time. I'm coming from a Seidio Active that I've had since I got the phone (06/2011). The inner case seems to have lost some elasticity over time. Nonetheless, I have been most impressed with it. I may go back to it if I'm not impressed with the Kraken.
  • 0 Likes

quickdraw86

quickdraw86

Android Drifter

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:43 PM #4

I tried this case and didn't like it. I ended up getting the seidio convert case for ext. Batteries, and the convert takes concrete impact without issues ;)
  • 0 Likes

| carrier: VZW | phone: HTC Thunderbolt |
| rom: NuSense ReBorN 6.0 |
| kernel: NuKernel |
| radios: 2.02.00.1117r, 0.02.02.1211r |

OP dcjamies

dcjamies

Android Beginner

• 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:37 AM #5

I used this for a few days, but just didn't like it, either. I went back to my trusty Seidio Active and a fresh screen protector. Oh well, for only $10, I can't complain, I suppose.
  • 0 Likes