- - - - -

This is the Official let's Buy Steve Spear a Manta Thread

• Please log in to reply

OP PhilD

PhilD

just some dude

• 413 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:40 PM #1

ok kids, you've got a Manta (Nexus 10) which is the most awesome tablet ever, congratulations! google did a pretty good job with the stock 4.2 software, but deep down inside you know how much better it would be with AOKP team support.

well, now's your chance to help make that happen. i'm kicking off the
"Official let's Buy Steve Spear a Manta" fund drive with a $100 dollar donation to Steve. that means we're well on our way but your support is needed to pull this off.

come on guys, Steve (and all the AOKP devs) spends his free time after work/school without pay writing and testing the code we use, now it's time to give a little back...and help our Mantas get some love in the process!

Donate to Steve via Paypal here

Edited by PhilD, 02 January 2013 - 08:47 PM.

• 3 Likes

Shadowlore

Shadowlore

Android Forum Lurker

• 95 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:50 AM #2

So broke from this holidays, rules me out from being able to donate..

Still, I definitely agree with the sentiment of this.. Steve has been doing awesome on the Toro front (haven't had a chance to test out Grouper yet, but it's on the list for today ;)

Why not give him a 'thank you' and encouragement to dev for the Manta as well? :)
  • 1 Likes

OP PhilD

PhilD

just some dude

• 413 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:13 AM #3

So broke from this holidays, rules me out from being able to donate..

Still, I definitely agree with the sentiment of this.. Steve has been doing awesome on the Toro front (haven't had a chance to test out Grouper yet, but it's on the list for today ;)

Why not give him a 'thank you' and encouragement to dev for the Manta as well? :)

his grouper builds are awesome too! of course, its not just about Steve, a strong team effort is required to pull AOKP together, but Steve has a lot of enthusiasm lately and we need to channel that towards the manta :-)

i don't see it listed on the AOKP web site anymore, but I'm pretty sure the total number of AOKP installs is huge. it only takes a small fraction of users to donate a few bucks each to pull this off...
  • 0 Likes

Shadowlore

Shadowlore

Android Forum Lurker

• 95 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:02 PM #4

Yeah.. just installed his latest PUB on Grouper.. and WOW.. JUST.. WOW. (using LK 1.0 from yesterday I believe it is too.. )
  • 1 Likes

mkitchin

mkitchin

• 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:17 PM #5

If someone can confirm this is an appropriate way to go about things, I will be happy to donate $5 or so. I got a Manta for Christmas with the plan to run AOKP as soon as possible. I downloaded one of the unofficial ports, and promptly temporarily bricked it when CWM crashed during flash. It was a present from my wife, and she was not too thrilled when she saw I had a dead tablet. I promised her it would be repaired. All is well now, and I'm looking forward to the official AOKP build. It is an awesome device!
  • 0 Likes

OP PhilD

PhilD

just some dude

• 413 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:14 PM #6

If someone can confirm this is an appropriate way to go about things, I will be happy to donate $5 or so. I got a Manta for Christmas with the plan to run AOKP as soon as possible. I downloaded one of the unofficial ports, and promptly temporarily bricked it when CWM crashed during flash. It was a present from my wife, and she was not too thrilled when she saw I had a dead tablet. I promised her it would be repaired. All is well now, and I'm looking forward to the official AOKP build. It is an awesome device!

you have a very nice wife :-)

sounds like you sorted things out with your nexus, don't be afraid to give it a go again some time though, nexus devices are very forgiving and there are always folks in here willing to help.

hopefully one of the regulars will stop by to confirm your question, but you can check Steve's comment in this post: http://rootzwiki.com...-1#entry1071794

and you can verify that the PayPal link is really Steve's by checking the PayPal links in the first post in this thread by Roman (AOKP veteran):
http://rootzwiki.com...p?/topic/38068-[ROM]-[4.2.1]-AOKP-::-jb-mr1-::-build-1-::-toro#entry1071881
  • 0 Likes

mkitchin

mkitchin

• 29 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:19 AM #7

I do have a nice wife. I did not have any fear, and I did get it flashed with an unofficial AOKP build eventually. I love it! I've been running AOKP on my Toro since about 2 weeks after I got it. I flashed the latest yesterday. I just donated $10 to Steve. Hopefully hat will help out. Great work all!
  • 1 Likes

Stevespear426

Stevespear426

Android Guru

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:07 PM #8

To show my appreciation, I'm going to match the highest donation. As of right now that's $100. Making the total 210. Thanks guys im looking forward to getting my hands on this thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 3 Likes
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet

OP PhilD

PhilD

just some dude

• 413 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:06 PM #9

ok people, pay attention because this is what we're gonna do - the first person who donates $50 or more to Steve's manta fund will get a fancy (just barely used) case for their nexus 10 mailed to an address of their choosing.

this is case, check it out:

i-Blason Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 Inch Tablet Slim folio Book Shell Case With Built in Stand Hard Back Cover with Stylus Loop and Elastic Hand Strap (Bonus Stylus Pen Included)

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o06_s00_i00

now, I know your in a rush to dirty flash pretty much anything you can find right now just because you can, and of course, you won't make a backup first, but please take a moment to read these important conditions:

(1) donation amount is in US dollars
(2) donation receipt must be confirmed by Steve
(3) case will be shipped by me to any address in the 48 continental US states
(4) offer expires at midnight (EDT) on 13 january

sounds fair, right? you'll find Steve's PayPal address in the OP...

Edited by PhilD, 06 January 2013 - 08:23 PM.

• 0 Likes

HerbieVersmelz

HerbieVersmelz

Super User

• 448 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:19 PM #10

I can get a case much cheaper...non used.. Pass.. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by HerbieVersmelz, 06 January 2013 - 08:19 PM.

• 0 Likes