Rate this Topic

5 votes

Touchpad Gyroscope

• Please log in to reply

RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Android Adventurer

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:27 AM #211

I may lack the sdcard mounting fix in the patch...

Hey  Dorregaray

A very interesting post was just made in the Jcsullins CM10 thread by iMarck90. He has created an updated CM10 build with the master key exploits fixed but has left out the gyroscope. It appears he's found a bug that needs squashing and your expertise here would be very much appreciated. Thank you for all you've done for our Touchpads Camera and Gyroscope, I hope you would be willing to take another look for all us die hard TP fans.

Cheers

http://rootzwiki.com...1113/?p=1471377

Edited by RolandDeschain79, 06 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

• 1 Likes

Dorregaray

Dorregaray

Super User

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:50 AM #212

Hey  Dorregaray

A very interesting post was just made in the Jcsullins CM10 thread by iMarck90. He has created an updated CM10 build with the master key exploits fixed but has left out the gyroscope. It appears he's found a bug that needs squashing and your expertise here would be very much appreciated. Thank you for all you've done for our Touchpads Camera and Gyroscope, I hope you would be willing to take another look for all us die hard TP fans.

Cheers

http://rootzwiki.com...1113/?p=1471377

I'll take a look on that when I'll find some free time.

• 1 Likes

Dorregaray

Dorregaray

Super User

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:40 PM #213

It looks like this CM10 build by iMarck90 is wrong. I've loaded it and in z-device test the compass, accelerometer and gyroscope are crashing, the light sensor is not working. I've installed v13 gyroscope patch over it and everything works ok.

• 1 Likes

RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Android Adventurer

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:46 AM #214

It looks like this CM10 build by iMarck90 is wrong. I've loaded it and in z-device test the compass, accelerometer and gyroscope are crashing, the light sensor is not working. I've installed v13 gyroscope patch over it and everything works ok.

Thank you for taking the time to test this build for us Dorregaray :grin: (thumbs up emoticon needed here).

I will test out installing the V13 gyroscope patch now. I have Tbobs WebOS style app switcher mod installed too, so I hope it all works:)

CM-10-20131005-UNOFFICIAL-tenderloin.zip

v13 gyroscope patch

(Optional) HP TouchPad CM10 WebOS-like Card Switcher Mod for Jcsullins Unofficial CM10 Preview. Watch theVideo Here!

WebCM10 for CM10 03/04 (with battery stats)

Edit: Tested it with Tbobs patch and everything works fine no rebooting with the brightness set to auto and my battery stats show!

Edited by RolandDeschain79, 17 October 2013 - 10:25 AM.

• 1 Likes

tqhoang

tqhoang

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:40 AM #215

@Dorregaray - Is the v13 gyroscope patch included in "cm-10.1-20131210-SNAPSHOT-VPN-tenderloin.zip"?  If not, is the v13 patch compatible with it to install? 

@Roland - A little off topic, but the ROM I listed above...that's still considered a Milaq 10.1 ROM that requires AcmeInstaller5M right?  I used the "5M" and it seems to be installed ok, but just wanted to double check.

@All - Thanks again for all this great work to make the TouchPad a safe platform to keep using.

Edited by tqhoang, 06 February 2014 - 07:43 AM.

• 0 Likes

Dorregaray

Dorregaray

Super User

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:18 PM #216

I have no idea. you should ask the "cm-10.1-20131210-SNAPSHOT-VPN-tenderloin.zip" build author. I know it's included in latest Kitkat Evervolv builds.

The userspace patch is still laying in CM's gerrit waiting for the merge. The kernel patch disappeared from gerrit so it's hard to say.

Edited by Dorregaray, 06 February 2014 - 11:21 PM.

• 0 Likes

Mossy

Mossy

• 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:09 PM #217

Just tried Dorregary's V13 gyro patch on JCSullins VPN build
No idea if it even needed it, but I felt like dancin' with the devil for 30 minutes or so
My bad if things went sideways

The two don't seem to play well together
Blew away a few apps and disconnected the mount SDCard (at least that's what TiBkup and Root explorer report)

Nandroid, nandroid - a concept well worth remembering
Back up and running JCS VPN again.
Was on JCS 3.X build (have a nandroid of that one too in case I feel like dancin' again)
, but his VPN has everything working that I'll ever need and -3mA drain during sleep. Sweet.
  • 0 Likes

Dorregaray

Dorregaray

Super User

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:47 AM #218

The gyro patch includes the patched 2.6.35 kernel that replaces the existing one.This patch has been created a long time ago and is not suitable for 3.x kernels and data/media builds.

• 0 Likes