Android OS Forum banner

Super Slow ......

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DirgeExtinction 
#1 ·
So im currently on tweaked 3.2 and lately everything is just super slow. I have flashed my phone so many times with updated roms and kernels etc...so sluggish and jittery. Can anyone get it up to speed for me or perhaps what is going on.

I cant even get temple run to play without crashing in the first wall becuase of the lag and slowness of the phone. Seems to have goton worst with every flash. Is there a fragmentaion or something becuase of flashing the phone.

Thanks

#4 ·
I feel you jco. there's always something wrong with my phone. If its running well my data will be buggy. if its running like shit it works perfectly otherwise. right now I'm having a problem where I'm not receiving texts 80% of the time. My upgrades this month but idk what phone to get because I don't want the same problem as with this phone.

btw I'm running tweaked 3.2 with lezarus 12-25 and renice and no lag scripts only.

tried to set up zram but I have no idea if it worked or not

#5 ·
I have had the Charge since it was released and have seen great days and bad days. The best option is to ODIN back to EP4 and if you wish to use Tweaked go through the updates (by itself that is) and then when its on FPE5 (I believe, its been awhile), flash Tweaked zip or ODIN. Then watch for every app you install and I would suggest not restoring your data with TiBu or ROM Toolbox Pro. If you restore only restore the apps not the data. This can cause lag in your system. The truth is the Charge is a great phone, but the Touchwiz is not that great (no disrespect to the devs for their awesome work, that's just my opinion). Hope that helps ya!

#7 ·
While this is definitely a solid rom - the touchwiz that was cleaned out is mostly the launcher and a few other system apps. At its core it is a TW rom, and though I hear Nitro will update it is currently based on the older FP1 as opposed to the newer FP5 base.

FP5 did some good things - it will be nice to see how eclipse does with it (I'm sure it will be quite nice). All that being said, to imply instability of Tweaked (not many other roms out there to act as a comparative to eclipse) is a bit of a stretch. Apologies if my inference was off - and if it wasn't then apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you must have had on Tweaked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.