- - - - -

Battery not holding charge

• Please log in to reply

OP SC trailbuilder

SC trailbuilder

Average Android

• 234 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:07 PM #1

Hi My dad has a htc evo 4g and all of sudden battery will not hold a charge. I am a droid x owner so I don't know where to go for information on the evo any help would be awesome . thank you
  • 0 Likes

excaliber88

excaliber88

Supporting Member

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:21 AM #2

You need to buy a replacement battery from Sprint or off of Ebay. If you go the Ebay route make sure it is OEM, I can tell you nightmare stories of cheap batteries that I have dealt with.
  • 0 Likes

DrMacinyasha

DrMacinyasha

Professional Stuff Breaker

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:42 PM #3

If it's under warranty, you might be able to head to a Sprint repair center, use some big words, and they'll swap it for you.
  • 0 Likes

solid

solid

Supporting Member

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:54 PM #4

actually it might be the cord, acting like its charging but it isnt, i have had two usb charging cords do this to me, i have 4 batteries 2 extended and 2 1750 MaH batteries all of which are perfect condition but my cords were messed up, so i wasted over 150 bucks on batteries before finding the problem (charging cord)
  • 0 Likes

DougJamal

DougJamal

Android Lover

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:42 AM #5

Hi My dad has a htc evo 4g and all of sudden battery will not hold a charge. I am a droid x owner so I don't know where to go for information on the evo any help would be awesome . thank you

You said that your dad's evo 'will nor hold a charge' and that tells me that it is charging (charging LED illuminates). If that is the case then I would think that the battery is no longer working. If the charging LED is not illuminating then get either a new USB cable or USB wall connector.

via the RootzWiki Forums app
  • 0 Likes

solid

solid

Supporting Member

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:12 PM #6

You said that your dad's evo 'will nor hold a charge' and that tells me that it is charging (charging LED illuminates). If that is the case then I would think that the battery is no longer working. If the charging LED is not illuminating then get either a new USB cable or USB wall connector.

via the RootzWiki Forums app

i would love to agree with you doug, your usually right but the cord i had that didnt work still lights up the LED light, if it when you try to charge it, and it gets to 100 kinda fast, making up believe its fully charged when it isnt, its is probably the cable. which i hope it is the cable you can find those a h*ll of alot cheaper than a battery. but like doug said its probably the battery.
  • 0 Likes

imheroldman

imheroldman

Android Beginner

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:57 PM #7

Haha first post here!

I will second the bad cord theory.
Had the same thing happen. this will also happen with loose outlets in the wall.
  • 0 Likes