Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[4.0+] Holo Fixer - Force the holo theme onto older apps

• Please log in to reply

OP Quinny899

Quinny899

Average Android

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:25 AM #1

Mod Type:: ThemeDifficulty:: Very EasyMod Status:: StableApply In:: Theme ChooserOptional:: ThemedRequires Root:: NoOptional:: ThemedSource::

Posted ImageHate the old Gingerbread theme which keeps appearing in your nice Holo themed ICS/JB ROM?Then this theme is for you!What does it do?In Android 4.0 and above the old "orange" Gingerbread UI was depreciated, being replaced with the new Holo style. However, some apps never updated and still use the old style, which doesn't fit and therefore doesn't look right. This theme forces all the old themed apps to use the new UI by redirecting their old theme link to the new theme, on the highest level.The downside?There's a couple of bugs:- Tapatalk and apps based off it force close, including the RootzWiki app (Sorry!) - Solution, use Tapatalk HD- On some really old apps, the menu dropdown in the action bar will go off the screen. This is a device with on screen keys only issue I believe, I haven't got one without to testStill lost? Some screenshots to show you what I mean:The horrible (iOS themed?) RAC traffic app before and after:Posted ImageThe old notepad app, one of the oldest apps on the Play Store before and after:Posted Image* This app is an example of when the dropdown will be out of place. Other examples I know of are ZipSigner 2, any AppInventor app and the YoYo games runnerThe good bit, the download:I'm currently working on a free version, as the old free version broke on 4.2 (So if you're using CM10.1 or any other 4.2 rom with theme chooser, DON'T USE THE JB FIXER FREE ONE!)Paid Version (forces via redirections and has action bar additions, makes Tapatalk force close):Posted Image(Non-image link)Old free version: (DON'T USE IF YOU'RE USING 4.2)Posted ImageI'm working on an update!(Non-image link)

Edited by Quinny899, 07 January 2013 - 04:38 PM.

• 0 Likes

Team Impulse Main Developer
Website | XDA RC Blog | Donate

OP Quinny899

Quinny899

Average Android

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:30 AM #2

Finished the updated free version, uploading now to Play store

Restrictions:
Widgets aren't holo themed
"Theme.Light" apps aren't forced to "Theme.Holo.Light"
  • 0 Likes

Phaze08

Phaze08

Android Lover

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:28 PM #3

This looks like an extremely awesome app. Will it play nice with theme chooser themes?
Or is it a theme chooser theme in itself?
  • 0 Likes
What's black and white and red all over?
Posted Image
http://rootzwiki.com...ew-thread-here/ <-- Check out Linear Jb!

OP Quinny899

Quinny899

Average Android

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:37 PM #4

This looks like an extremely awesome app. Will it play nice with theme chooser themes?
Or is it a theme chooser theme in itself?

It's a theme chooser theme itself, I'll make that more prominent in the OP. If you wish to implement it into another theme, I can send you the android.xml from it if you wish

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

Phaze08

Phaze08

Android Lover

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:05 PM #5

Is it just some styles changes?I would like to take a look actually its a pretty interesting idea.
Ill probably just buy it to show my appreciation and then pull it apart or whatever after my next theme update....when I get around to doing that lol. :D
  • 1 Likes
What's black and white and red all over?
Posted Image
http://rootzwiki.com...ew-thread-here/ <-- Check out Linear Jb!

OP Quinny899

Quinny899

Average Android

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:31 PM #6

Is it just some styles changes?I would like to take a look actually its a pretty interesting idea.
Ill probably just buy it to show my appreciation and then pull it apart or whatever after my next theme update....when I get around to doing that lol. :D

It uses the redirection in the theme chooser engine to redirect the Theme and Theme.Black style to Theme.Holo and the Theme.Light style to Theme.Holo.Light

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes