1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

While using CM9, how do I get rid of file corruption.

• Please log in to reply

OP garux

garux

Android Lover

• 151 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:25 PM #1

I am using CM9 and have just installed twrp 2.3.2.3, because I want to become familiar with how to use twrp. Before attempting to go to CM10, I am waiting for the nightly builds for CM10 to begin. I’m not in a hurry to go to CM10.

In the meantime, I would like to get prepared for CM10 and get rid of any file corruption that I may have on my TouchPad.

I've seen several posting about the file corruption and would like to know the steps and links needed to get rid of any file corruption and would like to install (if possible) the following while using CM9:

twrp 2.3.3.0,
moboot 0.3.7/0.3.8 (I think I heard this mention).

Though I know it may be some time before the nightly builds begin for CM10, I would like to take my time and be ready for CM10 when it does happen and not have any file corruption in CM9.

At this time, I do not want to install CM10, I just want to get rid of any file corruption and install the latest twrp and moboot, if CM9 supports them.

I have not used ACMEInstaller3, nor have I attempted to do a partition resizing while using CM9.

Someone did post the following information:

Using the latest CWM or TWRP, follow the steps 1/6 from JC at this link....

http://rootzwiki.com...00#entry1054367

The above forum says:

To make sure that all the filesystems are "clean", I would suggest doing the following after it is installed:
1) go to 'backup and restore', select 'backup' (might take a little while)
NOTE: DO NOT CONTINUE WITH NEXT STEPS IF BACKUP FAILS FOR SOME REASON
2) go to main menu and select "mounts and storage"
3) select "format /cache"
4) select "format /data"
5) select "format /system"
6) go to main main, then select "backup and restore", then select "restore" and select the backup you just made.

My question is, will the above also resize the partition, as well as fix any file corruption in CM9?

I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
  • 0 Likes

--
This is just a Way Station for me.

nuttaone

nuttaone

Android Nut

• 63 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:58 PM #2

Nope, this will only clean any corruption caused by older versions of CWM and TWRP.

The ACMEinstaller3 will resize the /system partition though...

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

OP garux

garux

Android Lover

• 151 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:25 PM #3

At what point do I run ACMEIntaller3.

What goes in the cminstall folder of TouchPad?

Or, do I run the ACMEInstaller3 command by itself, than run the restore?

Edited by garux, 27 December 2012 - 05:25 PM.

• 0 Likes

--

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,532 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:37 PM #4

At what point do I run ACMEIntaller3.

What goes in the cminstall folder of TouchPad?

Or, do I run the ACMEInstaller3 command by itself, than run the restore?

As long as you follow J.C. Sullins instructions, which are meant for using CWM6, though I understand you can do the same thing in TWRP, then the file system corruption is removed/fixed. You only need to run ACME3 to prepare the /system partition for installing CM10. Or you could try this guys method via WebOS:

http://rootzwiki.com...tever-you-want/

You only need to put files in the cminstall folder if you plan to use ACME3 to install them. If you use GooManager and TWRP, you can download and install pretty much any file you will ever need. That's the best of keeping one's TouchPad up-to-date.

That's pretty much it.
  • 0 Likes

OP garux

garux

Android Lover

• 151 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:56 AM #5

As long as you follow J.C. Sullins instructions, which are meant for using CWM6, though I understand you can do the same thing in TWRP, then the file system corruption is removed/fixed. You only need to run ACME3 to prepare the /system partition for installing CM10.

You only need to put files in the cminstall folder if you plan to use ACME3 to install them. If you use GooManager and TWRP, you can download and install pretty much any file you will ever need. That's the best of keeping one's TouchPad up-to-date.

That's pretty much it.

Could please tell how to find the link to J. C. Sullins instructions? There are so much forum, I just want to get the right one.

Edited by garux, 28 December 2012 - 04:59 AM.

• 0 Likes

--

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,532 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:56 AM #6

Could please tell how to find the link to J. C. Sullins instructions? There are so much forum, I just want to get the right one.

I was talking about the instructions you quoted and linked to in your OP.

Edited by nevertells, 28 December 2012 - 05:09 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP garux

garux

Android Lover

• 151 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:04 AM #7

I am so sorry to be a nusiance, I just finished going through the ACMEInstaller3 Forum and I'm confused on the order of things to be done to fix possible problems with CM9. I see there are memory problems and file corruption problems. This is my main goal to get completed. Could someone please provide the order, along with links thats needed to be done to fix the memory & file corruption problems for CM9? I just want to be sure that I am doing things in the correct order. At the same time, I would like to install the latest versions of moboot and twrp, if they are compatible with CM9.

Sorry to be a bother, I just want to do things in the right order without creating problems.

Edited by garux, 28 December 2012 - 07:05 AM.

• 0 Likes

--

OP garux

garux

Android Lover

• 151 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:43 AM #8

Would someone please let me know if I'm do the process correctly?

1. Do a Nandroid Backup

2. Do a Titanium Backup (just to backup application & be in sync with Nandroid Backup)

3. Run ACMEUninstaller

A. novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller

4. Verify ACMEInstaller3 is in the C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc directory

5. Copy following files to the TouchPad in Root cminstall directory

A. moboot_037-tenderloin.zip
B. update-cm-9-20120707-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip.zip
C. update-openrecovery-twrp-2.3.2.3-tenderloin.img
D. gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

6. Install above using ACMEInstaller3

A. novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller3

7. Copy following files to the TouchPad in Root ICS directory to be installed after CM9 installation has completed (if the gapps doesn’t install)

A. gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

8. Restore Nadroid Backup

Since ACMEInstaller3 is taking care of the resizing the partition, at what point do I need to do the file corruption?

As it was pointed out:
Using the latest CWM or TWRP, follow the steps 1/6 from JC at this link....

http://rootzwiki.com...00#entry1054367

The above forum says:

To make sure that all the filesystems are "clean", I would suggest doing the following after it is installed:
1) go to 'backup and restore', select 'backup' (might take a little while)
NOTE: DO NOT CONTINUE WITH NEXT STEPS IF BACKUP FAILS FOR SOME REASON
2) go to main menu and select "mounts and storage"
3) select "format /cache"
4) select "format /data"
5) select "format /system"
6) go to main main, then select "backup and restore", then select "restore" and select the backup you just made.

Edited by garux, 28 December 2012 - 11:45 AM.

• 0 Likes

--

nuttaone

nuttaone

Android Nut

• 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40 PM #9

Doing steps 1/8 eliminates doing steps 1/6 because, you have started from scratch when running the ACMEUninstaller.

You've basically stated two guided methods of clearing the file corruption...

File corruption is only created when using an older version or CWM or TWRP to flash a Rom (Nightlies) which uses the "format /system" command in the update-script

Just make sure before you flash any more Roms you have flashed the latest recovery of choice to ensure the corruption doesn't occur.

Edited by nuttaone, 28 December 2012 - 12:46 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP garux

garux

Android Lover

• 151 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:38 AM #10

Doing steps 1/8 eliminates doing steps 1/6 because, you have started from scratch when running the ACMEUninstaller.

You've basically stated two guided methods of clearing the file corruption...

File corruption is only created when using an older version or CWM or TWRP to flash a Rom (Nightlies) which uses the "format /system" command in the update-script

Just make sure before you flash any more Roms you have flashed the latest recovery of choice to ensure the corruption doesn't occur.

Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Edited by garux, 29 December 2012 - 05:38 AM.

• 0 Likes

--