17 votes

Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - Most popular thread on Rootzwiki

• This topic is locked

kodiack99

kodiack99

Android Lover

• 107 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:17 PM #821

Hmmm maybe thats why poweramp was acting odd,maybe it was double mounting.
  • 0 Likes

dcplaya

dcplaya

Android Beginner

• 332 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:41 PM #822

Hmmm maybe thats why poweramp was acting odd,maybe it was double mounting.

Before Timur released USB ROM I had stick mount running on CM and it caused all sorts of issues. So I suggest not running Stick Mount with Timur's ROM
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:48 PM #823

USB ROM 2013-02-10 available for download

New features:

- support for multi-channel DAC's (FiiO E10/E17, Hifimediy Sabre)
- fixed installation mode user setting will be kept through reboots
- resolved two additional causes for OTG adapter pull freeze
- separate installer available for Nexus 7 / 3G tilapia (alpha)

Download:

http://mehrvarz.gith.../nexus-7-usbrom
  • 2 Likes

bmakk205

bmakk205

Android Apprentice

• 80 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:45 PM #824

New features:

Download:

do you know any USB devices something like m-audio for protools that support phantom power mics?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

The Guz

The Guz

• 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:50 PM #825

New features:

Download:

I installed this 30 mins ago. All is good so far. Thank you Timur.

Hot docking my Fiio is AWESOME!

Edited by The Guz, 10 February 2013 - 02:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

The Guz

The Guz

• 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:56 PM #826

One thing I have just noticed is the 'soft' button that tells the N7 to show all the open windows (bottom on the right), no longer works.

EDIT: I rebooted and the problem disappeared. Very odd.

Edited by The Guz, 10 February 2013 - 03:00 PM.

• 0 Likes

soblivion

soblivion

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:10 PM #827

The recent apps button not functioning happened to me too. This has happened with Cyanogenmod in earlier nightlies. That was before ever using Timur's kernel or ROM, so it seems to be a Cyanogenmod issue but a reboot always clears it up and is doesn't seem to reoccur.

One thing I have just noticed is the 'soft' button that tells the N7 to show all the open windows (bottom on the right), no longer works.

EDIT: I rebooted and the problem disappeared. Very odd.

• 0 Likes

jayman488

jayman488

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:32 PM #828

CM has auto-mount for external file systems built in. No 3rd party tools needed.

Hmm, where does it mount to? This doesn't seem to be working for me. I found several "usbdisk" folders that are empty. I don't see anything in df, does it support ext4? If I select "Mount USB Storage" in the system settings, nothing happens.
  • 0 Likes

soblivion

soblivion

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:31 PM #829

For me it mounts to /usbdisk. In the directory structure this is off the root directory. Many file managers don't let you browse outside of /sdcard/ Using EStrong File manager you have to enable root access and move to the parent directory of /sdcard and find /usbdisk

If I unplug and replug the stick I have to remove it from "recent apps" and restart the file manager to see it.

From what I can tell, it doesn't support ext4, which is odd since it is linux after all and you would think it would work. NTFS seems to work in read-only mode and FAT32 works for reading and writing. NTFS, however, after reading it from the OTG no longer works if I put it back on my desktop computer which is a linux box. It gives me an error telling me I have to boot into windows and run some commands to fix it. I don't use Windows, so this doesn't work for me. FAT32 works as it should but it has a limit on file size(4GB).

As of yet, I've been unable to get ext4 to mount on any Android ROM. I've run alot of them. It's quite possible I'm doing something wrong, or I don't know the exact mount point. The android filesystem is ext4 to the best of my knowledge so I'm not sure why it won't mount.

Since I'm primarily using OTG to read FLAC files, the size limit isn't a huge concern and FAT32 works. Sometime I'd like to use large files so I use a data stick formatted to NTFS and copy it over to the device.

Hmm, where does it mount to? This doesn't seem to be working for me. I found several "usbdisk" folders that are empty. I don't see anything in df, does it support ext4? If I select "Mount USB Storage" in the system settings, nothing happens.

• 0 Likes

iceman_jkh

iceman_jkh

Android Lover

• 150 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:48 AM #830

I don't have my n7 with me, but is it possible (in Cm10 or Timur's or otherwise) to completely disable the vibrate feature?
I know you can manually disable most of the vibrates in particular menus and each App. Not foolproof enough IMHO. .
I expect that other car install owners would find this important too-so your n7 doesn't scratch /damage itself in the dash.
If not available, Timur, would you consider this at all for future USBROM versions?
  • 0 Likes