17 votes

Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - Most popular thread on Rootzwiki

• This topic is locked

bmakk205

bmakk205

Android Apprentice

• 80 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:02 PM #561

Those this support audio in and out threw USB?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:58 PM #562

You probably need the FTDI driver in the kernel, Timur's build doesn't have it by default (hence why I build off Timur's source so I can get the drivers I need in)

What do you do, exactly, to integrate the FTDI driver? Is it a module? Do you have other special elements in your stack?

And I wonder how valuable a FTDI driver would be for others?

@bmakk205 to be honest I never tried audio-in from a dedicated USB DAC device. But I got a USB DVB/T adapter running, providing A+V. And my USB DAC was playing back the audio just fine. It's on page _290.
  • 0 Likes

teqilla

teqilla

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:02 PM #563

Sorry for stupid Q but.
Does this kernel work on SGNexus CM10.1?
  • 0 Likes

nexus-fan

nexus-fan

Android

• 141 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:09 PM #564

Sorry for stupid Q but.
Does this kernel work on SGNexus CM10.1?

No friend, only for Asus Nexus 7

@Timur, i think you have to mention it on the first page, its not the first time.

Edited by nexus-fan, 02 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

• 0 Likes

AnyHertz

AnyHertz

• 29 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:12 PM #565

I would love to have FTDI driver built-in for my USB-to-serial adapter.

Some links:

http://code.google.c...driver-package/
http://android.serverbox.ch/?p=285
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1682373

It's a blessing for network engineers and Arduino developers.

There's a "Slick USB2Serial" app on GooglePlay but, IMHO, it's junk due to absence of vt100 and flow-control support. No updates for almost a year.
  • 0 Likes

iceman_jkh

iceman_jkh

Android Lover

• 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:26 PM #566

Does the sabre require a seperate power supply or does it draw it through usb?That is the one I will probably go with.

You should have at least checked the link I provided - it would have given you your answer. It is powered by the USB, no external power supply needed.
There is also an external PSU version on that website.

All of those devices I suggested are USB powered.

Edited by iceman_jkh, 02 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:00 PM #567

b0bd was so kind to setup a CM-compliant grabfocus project on github. It was very easy to integrate. grabfocus is now inherent part of the ROM. You will not notice it. It just works. Thank you very much.

And by the way: the followup project will be called Nexus 7 USB ROM. Or just USBROM. Whatever you prefer.
  • 3 Likes

iceman_jkh

iceman_jkh

Android Lover

• 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:54 PM #568

Please excuse my ignorance, but what do your CM kernels do differently than your stock kernels Timur? (Or point me to the link I should read).

When you say Grabfocus is now part of the ROM, you are referring to the CM10.x ROM, correct?
Therefore, I'd need to install the CM10.x ROM in order to get the inherent Grabfocus feature. (Could I still have this feature by using your Stock kernel and b0bd's .apk?)

If I used CM10.x and didn't want to lose any of the kernel features that you have built into your kernel (eg: Fixed Install, fast charge, etc), I should install the FI variant of your CM10.x kernel.. correct?

Edited by iceman_jkh, 02 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

• 0 Likes

b0bd

b0bd

• 66 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:02 PM #569

What do you do, exactly, to integrate the FTDI driver? Is it a module? Do you have other special elements in your stack?

CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO=y in .config

I also am trying to integrate the Huawei data card driver into the kernel but thats much more complicated. I'm trying to have a TMobile Sonic hotspot as part of my build, where Tasker turns it on & off with the power state. Wish I'd bought a 3G tablet to avoid this though!
  • 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:05 PM #570

CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO=y in .config

I also am trying to integrate the Huawei data card driver into the kernel but thats much more complicated. I'm trying to have a TMobile Sonic hotspot as part of my build, where Tasker turns it on & off with the power state. Wish I'd bought a 3G tablet to avoid this though!

Try PPP Widget.
  • 1 Likes
In-Dash Nexus 7 Project | Mod Shop

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel