17 votes

Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - Most popular thread on Rootzwiki

• This topic is locked

nexus-fan

nexus-fan

Android

• 141 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:59 PM #441

Again, the usb cam works really great, but...
1) Complicated installation.
2) Narrow angle (up to 73 degrees insteed of 170 degrees)
3) These cams should works "room tempeture" (43c max).

Take a look at my camera and see the differences: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Anyway, i have the easycap device, timur, if you dont have, please send me in PM ,your full address and i will send you one.

unfortunately, @B0bd dont have time at these days to create an app, but he recommend to try the VLC.
  • 0 Likes

Kuchar09

Kuchar09

Android Lover

• 137 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:56 PM #442

Again, the usb cam works really great, but...
1) Complicated installation.
2) Narrow angle (up to 73 degrees insteed of 170 degrees)
3) These cams should works "room tempeture" (43c max).

Take a look at my camera and see the differences: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Anyway, i have the easycap device, timur, if you dont have, please send me in PM ,your full address and i will send you one.

unfortunately, @B0bd dont have time at these days to create an app, but he recommend to try the VLC.

I like complicated lol, if it was easy everyone would do it :P Never really thought about the degree differences, I just wanted to see if I could get it to work. Room temperature of 43c max.... That's like 110F which I doubt I'll exceed. Good luck though hope you can figure something out!
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:49 AM #443

This is when the N7-to-dash movement will really start: http://www.androidau...7-sequel-151548

@Kuchar09 I hope you will have the noise issue solved soon. It really makes me uncomfortable to know you are having this issue still. It's gotta be some sort of ground issue. Can you double check you have ground wired back-to-back? And please consider going with option 1*. Together with a cheap passive hub.

* http://mehrvarz.gith...-nexus7/#usbhub

Edited by Timur, 29 January 2013 - 04:58 AM.

• 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 AM #444

This is when the N7-to-dash movement will really start: http://www.androidau...7-sequel-151548

Didn't it start already?! :lol:

“Full HD display”, which we’re going to assume means 1920 x 1080..."

Nice!! :o
  • 0 Likes
In-Dash Nexus 7 Project | Mod Shop

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:52 AM #445

Today I uploaded new releases for all four kernels (2013-01-29). Puh!

One tiny detail about sleep handling and OTG disconnect has been improved. I call these updates 'beta' for now. But they are really good. As always, it is easy to try them out and also to revert back (in case of emergency). Please give it a try.

@Kookie_Monster I mean when current N7 users will update to the newer model and will ask themselfs what to do with the old one...
Btw, roughly 2 of 3 downloads are still for the mobile-use kernel. Despite the fact that we are almost entirely talking about the FI version here.
Oh and "Stock vs. CM" download numbers are roughly 60 to 40. Not sure if this is surprising.

@nexus-fan I am going to submit text soon, laying out how you can get a non-standard multimedia driver working yourself.
  • 1 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:05 AM #446

@Kookie_Monster I mean when current N7 users will update to the newer model and will ask themselfs what to do with the old one...
Btw, roughly 2 of 3 downloads are still for the mobile-use kernel. Despite the fact that we are almost entirely talking about the FI version here.
Oh and "Stock vs. CM" download numbers are roughly 60 to 40. Not sure if this is surprising.

Update... YAY! lol

Well... in my case, for instance, I'm always keen on getting the newest model out there... if only I had the "resources" to keep updated at all times! lol So, whenever the new model comes out, I'll probably stick with this one, cause... let's face it, this N7 is already probably more than we can handle when thinking of an in-dash installation Just a take a look at this thread and the old one. lol

Regarding the statistics... mobile vs FI.... makes sense. As for the Stock vs CM... again, in my case, I've been an android user for the past two years and a half. I've flashed my phone (yes... it's still the first android phone I got. "resources"... lol) over 50 times. Flashed my TF101 20 times or so. And I'm no developer. I know there's lots of things that can go terribly wrong flashing it the wrong way or the wrong file. I've tested ROM's that wouldn't even start the launcher... let alone get it flowing. Since I want the cleanest setup possible on my car, I'm sticking with stock... for now (until Timur's ROM's released, of course! XD). Although I know there's a few ROM's out there pushing the N7 to the limit in terms of performance... what the stock ROM (and hardware) provides is more than enough for my needs.
  • 0 Likes

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel

nexus-fan

nexus-fan

Android

• 141 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:11 AM #447

Ok, as i promised...

Soldered wires out with momentary switches and PC mode\OTG cable.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • 1 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:15 AM #448

Ok, as i promised...

Soldered wires out with momentary switches and PC mode\OTG cable.

Momentary switches.... power, volume up and down?
  • 0 Likes

nexus-fan

nexus-fan

Android

• 141 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:19 AM #449

Exactly... In fixed installation i found its really important to have "full" control and this is the reason i also making cable that allow me
connect with PC.
  • 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 AM #450

Exactly... In fixed installation i found its really important to have "full" control and this is the reason i also making cable that allow me
connect with PC.

Uhm... that's a very good point. Can't just someone connect the N7 to the PC using the OTG cable female and a male-male adapter?
  • 0 Likes