17 votes

Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - Most popular thread on Rootzwiki

• This topic is locked

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 AM #401

LOL. Poor guy! XD

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. And under normal circumstances, I would certainly not make fun him. But recently, I found that he has managed to get some pretty high Google score for "timur usbhost" with a post on xda-developers titled "cm10.1 + timur-usbhost = dead phone?". And he never cared to post any type of correction. Damn troublemakers. It would be really good if someone could add some explaining words there. His post is just one page long. Thx.

Edited by Timur, 27 January 2013 - 07:13 AM.

• 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:20 AM #402

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. And under normal circumstances, I would certainly not make fun him. But recently, I found that he has managed to get some pretty high Google score for "timur usbhost" with a post on xda-developers titled "cm10.1 + timur-usbhost = dead phone?". And he never cared to post any type of correction. Damn troublemakers. It would be really good if someone could add some explaining words there. His post is just one page long. Thx.

Tough luck man. I really hope you get this issue sorted.

But so that people who might see this thread get the whole picture... you actually flashed a Nexus 7 Kernel on your Galaxy Nexus.
Timur's Nexus 7 kernel is helping a lot of people do things with their N7 that wouldn't be possible otherwise. It's an excelent piece of coding being developed down at Rootzwiki. I'm not leaving any links. If you'd like you can google it... you'll easily find his blog and the main thread.

Cheers :good:

Done!! :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Kookie_Monster, 27 January 2013 - 08:21 AM.

• 2 Likes
In-Dash Nexus 7 Project | Mod Shop

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:28 AM #403

Done!! :)

Thank you so much, Kookie_Monster. I reported this post as abusive. I said:

This post ranks very high when you search for my product on Google.

It says "dead phone" in the title, whereas the software I offer is for Nexus 7 only. This is abusive and highly unfair.

Please have this post removed. Thank you very much.

• 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:06 AM #404

So how does the mobile kernel work in that scenario ?
Or does that simply not matter, as the unplugging is always intentional and therefore the devices are expected to be getting unplugged/unmounted before hand anyway?

The important thing about the mobile kernel, is that with it, your N7 behaves 100% like it normally does. There are no constraints. In addition, you can charge your device, while using USB slave devices. And you can switch between charge mode and OTG mode semi-automatically, by plugging the OTG adapter. So no need to do anything else or even use the command line interface. And you get USB audio support on top.

But yes, when you pull the power source and your slave devices are not otherwise powered, there will be a small power gap, before the kernel kicks in to supply battery power to the slave. This should pose little to no issue for stateless devices. And even external file systems should get remounted quickly. This works with CM10.1 since they have (re)implemented the feature a few weeks ago. But I think it will not work as a means to power down from a sudden power loss situation, when using the FI kernel.

@b0bd This (sysfs or /proc interface) is exactly what I had in mind, a couple of days ago, when I mentioned a future full ROM variant 'with dual kernel functionality'. I will probably implement this as soon as I have a GUI element to connect to.
  • 1 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:21 AM #405

Thank you so much, Kookie_Monster. I reported this post as abusive. I said:

This post ranks very high when you search for my product on Google.

It says "dead phone" in the title, whereas the software I offer is for Nexus 7 only. This is abusive and highly unfair.

Please have this post removed. Thank you very much.

You're more than welcome mate. ;)

Edit: the day you release your own ROM will be the day I ditch stock ROM. Until then... I'm testing everything on stock. :)

Edited by Kookie_Monster, 27 January 2013 - 11:26 AM.

• 0 Likes

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel

nexus-fan

nexus-fan

Android

• 141 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:25 AM #406

hi Timur and b0bd,

i have great idea for N7 fi install feature (reverse camera).

@timur:
is it possible to support EasyCAP device? (is has linux drivers),
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f21665973

@b0bd:
Simple activity app that show the video.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i found usb camera support but the (usb) cameras dont have wide angle and
complicated installation.
  • 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:31 AM #407

hi Timur and b0bd,

i have great idea for N7 fi install feature (reverse camera).

@timur:
is it possible to support EasyCAP device? (is has linux drivers),
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f21665973

@b0bd:
Simple activity app that show the video.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i found usb camera support but the (usb) cameras dont have wide angle and
complicated installation.

Reverse cam is a really nice addition... as much as the DVB-T was. The problem is it would never be automatic (when you put the car in reverse) unless you install Joycon EXR, for instance, which has a few channels that can be configured to trigger an event once the reverse light is activated.

• 0 Likes

nexus-fan

nexus-fan

Android

• 141 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 AM #408

Its correct, Joycon EXR is the easy way for that, you can also use arduino but its more complicated.
  • 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 AM #409

Its correct, Joycon EXR is the easy way for that, you can also use arduino but its more complicated.

Guys... we really should stop all this developing, otherwise, a few months from now I'm gonna have a Chevy Cruze installed on my Nexus 7, and not the other way around. :o:D

• 1 Likes

dcplaya

dcplaya

Android Beginner

• 332 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:13 PM #410

I have the Joycon EXR but there is no way to get an app on the N7 to start automatically, triggered from the Joycon is there? If so then my Ford Escape will be getting a back up camera sometime this year.
  • 0 Likes