17 votes

Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - Most popular thread on Rootzwiki

• This topic is locked

Truegod

Truegod

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:25 PM #301

Thanks for the work here Timur, just a quick question, is your kernel compatible with the nexus 7 3g tilapia version, thanks , I have read the thread but didn't see anything about comparability with tilapia version, maybe I missed it.

I wanted to second this question... I am quite interested in this kernel but having the 3G Tilapia I am somewhat concerned of messing up the device or at least the 3G part of it. Can anybody confirm that this kernel works with Tilapia?
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:06 AM #302

Installed the mobile kernel on my N7 3G. Installed fine and at first attemt the charging worked with my y-cable.

• 0 Likes

diba320

diba320

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:11 AM #303

Last official version as of 20 01 works fine as well. Have not installed the version 22 beta yet.
  • 0 Likes

everwake

everwake

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:40 AM #304

Does this kernel support CIFS? running the standard mobile version and would like to connect a CIFS-share to play from my NAS to a usb-dac, but I cannot find the cifs modules
  • 0 Likes

AnyHertz

AnyHertz

• 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:15 AM #305

Unfortunately, "freeze after sleep" issue seem to be back. Using 01-20 stock 4.2.1 kernel version and stock ROM.

Reproduction:
1. Flashed stock kernel and ROM TWRP backup.
2. Cleared cache/dalvik, rebooted.
3. Rebooted again.
4. Unlocked screen, plugged in OTG Y-cable (no slave devices), began charging, closed magnetic cover for 5min.
5. Opened cover, unlocked screen (using swipe), pulled out OTG cable from Nexus (did not disconnect power).
6. Freeze and reboot.

Now it's 100% reproducible.

Sorry for bringing bad news...
  • 0 Likes

joltman

joltman

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:58 AM #306

Just wanted to show off my car install!!
http://forum.xda-dev...71#post37064971

Thanks for this amazing kernel that made all this possible!!!

Still need to mess with that buzzing once it get warmer out

My attempt at fixing the "buzzing" (which I'm assuming you mean is alternator noise) is to use the optical out of my Behringer UCA-222 to an optical->RCA converter that's running on the same power line as my Alpine Deck. The alternator noise is produced when you have a grounding issue. The ground for the hub/N7 is "different" (more/less resistance) than the ground the Alpine Deck uses. My setup:

N7 -> OTG Y

Power to hardwired 1A charger, Data to a hardwired USB Vehicle Hub. Verizon USB 4GLTE modem, USB->SATA converter for 80GB Intel SSD. Behringer UCA222 USB DAC optical out -> Fiio D3 that gets it's power from the same line as the Alpine Deck

I think that will eliminate the ground noise. It better! I just have to construct a decent mount for my N7 in it's Poetic SlimLine case. I already have the ProClip mount for my Tahoe. It's not on that side, it's actually directly above the deck. Once I adhesive it into place, it'll go no-where.
  • 0 Likes

Kuchar09

Kuchar09

Android Lover

• 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:22 AM #307

My attempt at fixing the "buzzing" (which I'm assuming you mean is alternator noise) is to use the optical out of my Behringer UCA-222 to an optical->RCA converter that's running on the same power line as my Alpine Deck. The alternator noise is produced when you have a grounding issue. The ground for the hub/N7 is "different" (more/less resistance) than the ground the Alpine Deck uses. My setup:

N7 -> OTG Y

Power to hardwired 1A charger, Data to a hardwired USB Vehicle Hub. Verizon USB 4GLTE modem, USB->SATA converter for 80GB Intel SSD. Behringer UCA222 USB DAC optical out -> Fiio D3 that gets it's power from the same line as the Alpine Deck

I think that will eliminate the ground noise. It better! I just have to construct a decent mount for my N7 in it's Poetic SlimLine case. I already have the ProClip mount for my Tahoe. It's not on that side, it's actually directly above the deck. Once I adhesive it into place, it'll go no-where.

No its not an alternator issue. I had this issue before installing in my car with just an otg charge cable and my DAC.
Originally thought it was a kernel issue but Timur says otherwise.
Not sure where my issue really is but am going to try and hook my hub up to constant power instead of ignition and see if that fixes my issue.
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:25 AM #308

@diba320 Thank you for confirming compliance with the N7 3G model (again).

@everwake There seems to be an issue in 4.2.x preventing proper use of CIFS, despite the kernel having it enabled. I will most likely not be able to solve this. Please consider CIFS support as not existing.

@AnyHertz I am unable to reproduce this ATM. I really tried.

Is anyone out there experiencing a pull-OTG issue? Please let me know.
  • 0 Likes

AnyHertz

AnyHertz

• 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:11 PM #309

Timur,

It was working fine since 01/20 until today - I do not know what happened. I'll try restoring to factory defaults and installing 1/20 mobile stock over.
I know it's frustrating, sorry. Will report later.
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:47 PM #310

Did you apply an old TWRP backup by coincidence?
  • 0 Likes