17 votes

Timur's Kernel - USB ROM - Most popular thread on Rootzwiki

• This topic is locked

AnyHertz

AnyHertz

• 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:41 PM #181

Timur,

I greatly appreciate your efforts. However, both 2013-01-06 mobile kernels suffer from a similar issue - if Nexus was left charging via OTG Y-cable and entered deep sleep state, it will freeze and reboot when woken up upon removal of OTG cable. Otherwise both kernels seem stable.

Sorry for bringing bad news...
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:05 AM #182

Or even worse, the device will lock up and you need to looong press the power button, to make it come back to life. I wasn't aware, as I am using the FI variant lately. For the time being, please hit the power button briefly, before removing a OTG cable from a charging and sleeping N7, when using the mobile kernel.

@dcplaya can you try sudden power loss with another DAC and tell me if there is any variance in behavior? Is it possible to firmware upgrade the Behringer UCA202?

@Kookie_Monster any update on the state of your N7?

Edited by Timur, 16 January 2013 - 04:12 AM.

• 0 Likes

sto1911

sto1911

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:23 AM #183

Sorry for the late response, I haven't noticed any issues so far with stock 4.2.1, mobile kernel, 2013-01-06.
Will test more.

Edited by sto1911, 16 January 2013 - 04:24 AM.

• 0 Likes

dcplaya

dcplaya

Android Beginner

• 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:37 AM #184

@dcplaya can you try sudden power loss with another DAC and tell me if there is any variance in behavior? Is it possible to firmware upgrade the Behringer UCA202?

The manual says nothing about firmware upgrades. Is there a DAC you would recommend me buy? I just bought this one a week ago thinking this was what other people were using and getting good results with.

Do you need any logs or stuff? I can get them, just need to know which ones you would need.
  • 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:48 AM #185

USB port is still as dead as can be. I'll try and get it fixed. I'm worried about the bootloader though... :|

Edit: found a flashable bootloader over at XDA. Will make a few last tests later tonight. If the problem remains I have no choice but to flash everything back to stock and send it for repair.

Edited by Kookie_Monster, 16 January 2013 - 06:42 AM.

• 0 Likes
In-Dash Nexus 7 Project | Mod Shop

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel

jmcguire525

jmcguire525

Android Lover

• 102 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:11 AM #186

Or even worse, the device will lock up and you need to looong press the power button, to make it come back to life. I wasn't aware, as I am using the FI variant lately. For the time being, please hit the power button briefly, before removing a OTG cable from a charging and sleeping N7, when using the mobile kernel.

I have the same DAC as dcplaya and also a turtle beach micro II, both have the same issue.
  • 0 Likes

OP Timur

Timur

Android Master

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 AM #187

N7-logs will likely not contain useful info for a "DAC vulnerable to sudden power loss" issue. I really wish we can find a solution for this. Just let me point out, that I have only enabled the std. Linux USB audio driver. I did not modify any audio related code. So I don't feel fully responsible. OK, what about other DAC's? We got: Yeay: VIA (max. 3-4 sec delay); Nay: Behringer UCA202, turtle beach micro II (need full reset)
  • 0 Likes

MetalMan

MetalMan

Android Lover

• 223 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:50 AM #188

My DAC is the Behringer UCA202 (I think thats what most people are using as well). I have let it sit in this "no audio" state for hours and still nothing. The only way to get it back is to reboot.

I'm using the UCA202 with excellent results in my car. I have a custom OTG Y-adapter with a 5V 3-amp supply on one end of the Y (which is powered by the car's ignition) and the UCA202 on the other end of the Y. Turning my car off results in Tasker pausing music as soon as it detects the power loss, and a series of other things happen to facilitate the tablet going to sleep,

Turning the car back on wakes the tablet (consistently every time), and I'd say about 96% of the time the DAC reconnects and is able to play music within one second. There have been a couple times where the DAC's red LED doesn't turn on, so I only have to unplug and replug the DAC from the Y-splitter, and all is fine. I reboot the N7 maybe once a week to keep memory clear but not because I have to.

And it's important for me that everything work smoothly (which it does), because I get about 45mins of breaks during work, and during that time I watch TV show episodes that are about 43mins long. If I had to reboot each time then I would lose a couple minutes.

USB port is still as dead as can be. I'll try and get it fixed. I'm worried about the bootloader though... :|

Edit: found a flashable bootloader over at XDA. Will make a few last tests later tonight. If the problem remains I have no choice but to flash everything back to stock and send it for repair.

Can you post the link to the flashable bootloader? I'm very interested in this since my N7 won't connect with a computer via USB (no fastboot :( )

Edited by MetalMan, 16 January 2013 - 07:52 AM.

• 0 Likes

Kookie_Monster

Kookie_Monster

Android Master

• 593 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:52 AM #189

Can you post the link to the flashable bootloader? I'm very interested in this since my N7 won't connect with a computer via USB (no fastboot :( )

http://forum.xda-dev...=1989319&page=3

There ya go mate! :)

Edit: no fastboot, you say? Check out this thread too.

http://forum.xda-dev...=1821536&page=9

Edited by Kookie_Monster, 16 January 2013 - 07:53 AM.

• 0 Likes
In-Dash Nexus 7 Project | Mod Shop

Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE 16Gb »» ROM: Stock Android 4.1.2 (Root) »» Kernel: Stock
Asus Transformer TF101 16Gb »» ROM: EOS4 Nightlies »»»»»»»»»»» Kernel: KATKernel
Google Nexus 7 32Gb »»»»»»»»»» ROM: Timur's USBROM »»»»»»»»» Kernel: Timur's Kernel

Sengir

Sengir

• 21 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 AM #190

Like Metalman I use the UCA202 for my car setup and it works very smoothly! no issues at all. (CM 10.1 Fi kernel)
  • 0 Likes