2. 0
  3. 0/5

Why did I buy a memory card?

• Please log in to reply

OP rolandct

rolandct

Nexus Member

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:42 PM #1

Is there any use for the memory card without root for apps? Coming from a GNex I actually have to say a SD card seems worthless other than for photos and that's debatable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by rolandct, 21 December 2012 - 05:34 AM.

• 0 Likes

pool_shark

pool_shark

• 44 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:58 AM #2

Clearly you don't have media you want to keep with you or you're willing to keep everything in the cloud at the risk of not having a signal to reach it.

I have about 10 movies, 40 south park episodes, 10 boxing matches, and countless videos, photos, and songs on my sd card. There is no way all of that will fit on 16GB of internal storage, especially with all of the apps.
  • 0 Likes

OP rolandct

rolandct

Nexus Member

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:44 AM #3

Clearly you don't have media you want to keep with you or you're willing to keep everything in the cloud at the risk of not having a signal to reach it.

I have about 10 movies, 40 south park episodes, 10 boxing matches, and countless videos, photos, and songs on my sd card. There is no way all of that will fit on 16GB of internal storage, especially with all of the apps.

I have Netflix and a Plex server at work so I only keep a movie or 2 local. I guess I was hoping more apps would support saving/caching to the SD card.
  • 1 Likes