1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM]Cyanogenmod 10.1 OFFICIAL NIGHTLY Builds for d2usc!

• Please log in to reply

Ellingsoc

Ellingsoc

• 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:36 AM #171

No you don't I've never rooted stock I've always installed cwm and flashed what ever custom ROM I wanted

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Same

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Android Lover

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:38 AM #172

If you "Odin" back to stock using a .tar file you should most certainly lose root, if you arr just flashing a stock rom via recovery then you wont loose root.

So you guys have "Odin"d back to stock then just installed CWM/TWRP & have root? how are u flashing the recovery & what about busybox & su?

Edited by hrdnhvy, 01 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

• 0 Likes

Andre08

Andre08

Android Apprentice

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:45 AM #173

If you "Odin" back to stock using a .tar file you should most certainly lose root, if you arr just flashing a stock rom via recovery then you wont loose root.

So you guys have "Odin"d back to stock then just installed CWM/TWRP & have root? how are u flashing the recovery & what about busybox & su?

I'm just saying you don't need root to install custom ROMs just a custom recovery is needed

• 0 Likes

OP Baked_Tator

Baked_Tator

Loving my Gakaxy S III

• 595 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:48 AM #174

I'm just saying you don't need root to install custom ROMs just a custom recovery is needed

this is correct, as long as you are flashing a pre-rooted ROM (which is bout any custom ROM)

Edited by Baked_Tator, 01 January 2013 - 06:49 AM.

• 0 Likes
I should rename myself to Baked_Kanger!!! lmao

If you like the ROMs and stuff i make or Kang please hit the thanks button, and if its something I kanged, please hit the thanks button for the people i kanged it from...its only right!

hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Android Lover

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:54 AM #175

Really? So would all a person needs to do to get a custom rom on JB, just odin a custom recovery, then flash a pre-rooted, pre-superusered & etc rom & enjoy?

this is correct, as long as you are flashing a pre-rooted ROM (which is bout any custom ROM)

Edited by hrdnhvy, 01 January 2013 - 06:59 AM.

• 0 Likes

Andre08

Andre08

Android Apprentice

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:00 AM #176

Really? So in theory would all a person needs to do to get a custom rom on JB, just odin a custom recovery, then flash a pre-rooted, pre-superusered & etc rom & enjoy?

Yep all I ever do is Odin twrp and than flash cm10.1 or aokp

• 0 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 AM #177

Mobile Odin people, you can flash the tar file and select root, you'll have stock JB rooted. Then you can either Odin flash or use fastboot to flash recovery of choice.

Takes less than 5 minutes to do.

Note: With the official USC tar file internal sd will be wiped, so save anything you want to keep.

- Sent from my US Cellular SGS3

Edited by RMarkwald, 01 January 2013 - 07:22 AM.

• 0 Likes
Find me on App.net: https://alpha.app.net/ryanmarkwald
Follow me on Twitter: @RyanMarkwald

Krummel21

Krummel21

• 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:57 AM #178

Do you flash CWM with the Goo Manager app then?
  • 0 Likes

RMarkwald

RMarkwald

Mr Click Click Derk

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:35 AM #179

Do you flash CWM with the Goo Manager app then?

Nope, I flash TWRP via their suggested method: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/121

You must be rooted already to use this installation method. Download the above file. Using adb shell or terminal emulator:

su
dd if=/sdcard/recoveryfilename.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

Make certain that you get this command right. Typing the wrong number could result in a brick!

Or flash the .tar ODIN file.
  • 0 Likes
Find me on App.net: https://alpha.app.net/ryanmarkwald
Follow me on Twitter: @RyanMarkwald

bornx

bornx

Android Lover

• 218 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:36 AM #180

Does the stock JB have to be 100% official to obtain the GPS lock? Or could I use the cwm-flashable rooted stock and/or Wizenheimer? I just don't want to have to deal with wiping internal memory if possible.

EDIT: No, does not have to be official ODIN tar flash. I used the cwm-flashable rooted stock non-debloated ROM from TUSC, got lock, then installed 1/1 nightly, and have GPS lock!

Edited by bornx, 01 January 2013 - 12:36 PM.

• 0 Likes