Android OS Forum banner

the grass is greener

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  osuron07 
#1 ·
After hoping and waiting for a long time, it seems that the bost is not getting ICS. after a long debate between the DNA and the note 2 I decided to go with the note. The fact that it already has a boot loader unlock, is on multiple carriers and is a Samsung flagship device pretty much guarantees long term updates. That and it is simply a joy to use.

I want to thank everyone for their help over the past year or so. Once you get a chance take a dive into a galaxy device, u won't be let down.

Reactions: mindflayer
#2 ·
This isn't geared toward just you, but why do people feel like they need to create a new thread when they get a new phone? I'm glad you got a new phone and all, but is it really worth a new thread?

Again, not just geared towards you man, I've see a number of people do this and since yours is currently at the newest thread, I just chose yours to post in.

#3 ·
Attention getting mostly. Some guy posted in the Nexus forum the other day with only like 20 posts total and said something "good bye friends getting new phone blah blah blah, anyone else coming with me?"

I wanted to reply "Who are you again (with 20 posts)?" But I was polite and ignored it, lol.

#5 ·
Lol yeah, I don't get it. Even if they've been part of the community for years, I'm pretty sure a goodbye-I-got-a-new-phone-will-miss-you-all is not needed. If everyone did that in the accessories section for a device when they got something new, I'd never go back to that section lol.

#6 ·
Yeah, I keep going back to sections for devices I don't use anymore. It's not like you're really moving to a new community with most devices (unless it's an iphone).

#7 ·
the bolt was HTC flagship and we saw where that went lol.

I agree these people say goodbye like they are never going to talk to anyone in here anymore but look at how many people gets a new phone and still visits their old phone section. FYI we will most likely know you got a new phone by using tapa talk lol.

I forgot to do my goodbye thread when I got my nexus 7. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#9 ·
I don't think there is anything wrong with someone posting a thank you thread, especially those people who have been here for a while. I think people make it out to be a bigger deal than it is...who cares? Its not like one more thread on the T-Bolt Rootz section is going to cause an overflow of threads on our already overflowing forum section *sarcasm*. If you've been on here for 2 weeks with 20 posts...okay that is stupid, but a genuine thank you from someone who has been here a while shouldn't be a big deal...my 2 cents

#12 ·
I don't have a prob with it, and hope afrchutch continues to post, since I like his avatar.

Reactions: afrchutch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.