Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Dropped my S3 just now :(

• Please log in to reply

OP monkeystomp

monkeystomp

• 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:58 PM #1

I just dropped my s3 and it's all screwed up. The glass is broke and when I turn it on i can hear emails load but nothing will come on the screen? Any fixes or am I fucked?
  • 0 Likes

sixohtew

sixohtew

captain planet

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:26 PM #2

I just dropped my s3 and it's all screwed up. The glass is broke and when I turn it on i can hear emails load but nothing will come on the screen? Any fixes or am I fucked?

When you turn it on do you see any display at all? If the glass is just shattered you can just order a new digitizer online and fix it yourself. If the display is broken too I'd say hopefully you have accidental coverage :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

- hp touchpad unlocked running homebrewed AOKP 4.4.2 with homebrewed 3.0 kernel

- verizon lg g2 unlocked running homebrewed AOKP 4.4.2 with homebrewed 3.4.0 kernel

--if you like my work and would like to buy me a beer, id greatly appreciate it :)

OP monkeystomp

monkeystomp

• 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:32 PM #3

Nothing comes on the screen. No insurance :(
  • 0 Likes

yarly

yarly

Just a noob that doesn't know what he's talking about

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:38 PM #4

Send it in to Samsung for repairs if you can't/won't fix it yourself. They will bill you, but no where what you would pay for a new phone.
  • 2 Likes

MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Chief Smartass

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:05 AM #5

Send it in to Samsung for repairs if you can't/won't fix it yourself. They will bill you, but no where what you would pay for a new phone.

$168 I believe, all said and done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 4 Likes

iamjackspost

iamjackspost

Android Beginner

• 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:00 AM #6

$168 I believe, all said and done.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, that's really comparable to having insurance. If my math is right - $99 deductable, $6.99 for about 6 months (if bought in July) = $141.

Not bad, and you're definitely losing money after 9-10 months on insurance.
  • 0 Likes

SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Thoroughly chill

• 535 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:30 AM #7

Wow, that's really comparable to having insurance. If my math is right - $99 deductable, $6.99 for about 6 months (if bought in July) = $141.

Not bad, and you're definitely losing money after 9-10 months on insurance.

Primary reason why I dismiss phone insurance
  • 0 Likes

OP monkeystomp

monkeystomp

• 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:35 AM #8

Is this repair you speak of just for the glass or digitizer as well? I think its a little more than just glass because the screen is not powering on. Phone turns on but nothing on the screen. I can hear emails roll in.
  • 0 Likes

iamjackspost

iamjackspost

Android Beginner

• 74 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:04 AM #9

You were pretty clear about nothing showing up on the screen, so I assume that Yarly and Wolfe (who both seem to have excellent reading comprehension) were talking about getting the digitizer replaced as well. You can always call or email Samsung and find out for sure.
  • 0 Likes

OP monkeystomp

monkeystomp

• 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:37 AM #10

That is a really good deal. Priced it and the digitizers are like 250 if I was to do it myself

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes