- - - - -

Gnex keeps rebooting..

• Please log in to reply

OP zandander

zandander

Nexus n00b

• 71 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:47 PM #1

Just got my gnex earlier and already running into some problems. Already unlocked it, rooted it, and flashed XenonHD along with the gapps. Every now and then the phone will freeze for about 1 or 2 seconds and reboot. Anyone had an issue like this?
  • 0 Likes

Sandman007

Sandman007

Deadly_Hamsters

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:08 PM #2

Post question at the official thread here. Could be a ROM bug:
http://rootzwiki.com...p?/topic/25970-[ROM][JB-4.2.1]-XenonHD-RC3-(08.12.12)
[ROM][JB 4.2.1] XenonHD RC3 (08.12.12)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

VZW Galaxy S3
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: ChaOS

OP zandander

zandander

Nexus n00b

• 71 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:50 PM #3

Unfortunately it's not a ROM bug :(
I know this because its happened on 3 different ROMs. MMuzzy, xenon, and CNA. I think I did something wrong during the root/unlock/flash procedure. retracing my steps now to try and figure it out. Trying to go back to stock and start over. Wish me luck!
  • 0 Likes

OP zandander

zandander

Nexus n00b

• 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:26 AM #4

Now I'm reverted back to stock except for the bootloader being locked. Followed a guide on this site http://rootzwiki.com...oot-and-relock/ and it seems to be working. The play store did close on me once without giving an error message but other than that it's running very well. I'll keep you guys updated! (I learned the hard way that it's better to flash manually than use a toolkit!)

EDIT: Just rebooted twice :( I'll leave it alone for tonight and see if it just needs to settle in, but if not, wouldn't you say that is a HW issue? And I do have some screen abnormalities as well. Looks kind of gritty with some very, VERY faint vertical banding. To anyone that has had to ship back a phone, how long does it take to get a replacement from the time that you say you need another?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by zandander, 18 December 2012 - 12:34 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP zandander

zandander

Nexus n00b

• 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:08 PM #5

First of all I apologize for the multiple posts. The phone rebooted at least 20 times during a 6 hour period today so I called VZW and they're overnighting another phone to me. Hopefully this one that's coming doesn't have as many issues as this one does. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Zander
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:23 PM #6

Just curious...how did you unlock/root?
  • 0 Likes

OP zandander

zandander

Nexus n00b

• 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:40 PM #7

Well.... I used a toolkit >.>
After some reading I figured later on that it wouldn't be that much harder to do it the manual way so thats how I went back to stock. Only took about 45 mins to flash stock rom, lock bootloader, etc.
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:44 PM #8

Yeah stick to the manual method from now on with a Nexus device. :)
  • 1 Likes

OP zandander

zandander

Nexus n00b

• 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:27 PM #9

I fully intend to. It was much more rewarding to do the cmd prompts then press a button and sit back. I dont think it was user error that made it go apeshit; it was rebooting before I even got in to the unlock/root process, and also the screen has some issues too. Faint vertical banding, display looked really grainy on a grey/white screen, etc.
I hope the next one is perfect :D
  • 1 Likes

Waffleninja

Waffleninja

Nexus Addict

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:06 PM #10

And if you are still flashing, try CM10 Stable. It's as stable as you can get.
  • 0 Likes

Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE - CM10.2 - CM kernel - Interactive - 300-1200 mHz - TWRP 2.6.0.0 (Current)
Motorola Droid X - VXL 1.0 - Boostedass V2 - 300-1000 mHz (Retired)