Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Building CWM for a new Samsung device

• Please log in to reply

OP woodardhsd

woodardhsd

• 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:59 AM #1

US Cellular just released the Samsung Galaxy Axiom, supposedly very similar to the SIII mini, and I though I would try my hand at creating CWM for it. I tried the CWM builder site, but couldn't get it the new recovery to boot. Then I saw on Koush's site the guide to build CWM from source.

Al little ways down the page, it says "This guide will work for phones that use a standard Android boot image format. This guide will not work for Samsung phones which use an initramfs." Does that mean it will not work for any samsung phone, since they all use an initramfs; or does it mean it won't work on any Samsung phones which uses an initramfs?

Is there an easy way to tell if this device does use an initramfs?

Thanks,
Mike
  • 0 Likes

Twisty79

Twisty79

Android Lover

• 124 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:32 PM #2

US Cellular just released the Samsung Galaxy Axiom, supposedly very similar to the SIII mini, and I though I would try my hand at creating CWM for it. I tried the CWM builder site, but couldn't get it the new recovery to boot. Then I saw on Koush's site the guide to build CWM from source.

Al little ways down the page, it says "This guide will work for phones that use a standard Android boot image format. This guide will not work for Samsung phones which use an initramfs." Does that mean it will not work for any samsung phone, since they all use an initramfs; or does it mean it won't work on any Samsung phones which uses an initramfs?

Is there an easy way to tell if this device does use an initramfs?

Thanks,
Mike

Ditto, you beat me to the post. A lot of potential for this phone once we get root and CWM.

Sent from my Sauced Mesmerize using the Rootzwiki App.

Edited by Twisty79, 30 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

• 0 Likes
Define Insanity - Doing the same thing over answer over expecting different results !!!