Rate this Topic

- - - - -

RIL efffort

• Please log in to reply

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:21 AM #21

So you're mostly moving away from android due to...Samsung? Enjoy your WinPhone8 device, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

I think this is a little premature, but if the Windows 8 works for you better great! There are always a fantastic line of Nexus devices of which will receive support for many years plus the dev community.
  • 0 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:33 AM #22

Just so you all know (that is in case you don't know), if you treasure your unlimited data with VZW (but maybe not like their bull-headedness) and not to mention the data speed, then stick to VZW. Here's the reasons:
1. All other carriers are inferior to VZW speeds (I've had them all plus other friends and family who's phones I got to tinker with), despite the fact that VZW is more expensive
2. The way to keep your data plan are two-fold, don't ever again use a VZW upgrade (this has been confirmed numerous times with reps from customer service to tier-two support and management, because if you use their upgrade, they force out of the unlimited data into their share plans, or
3. Make sure you don't leave your phone equivalent (in other words drop down to a flip phone without data) and then try to go back to a smart-phone plan.

These are the two ways to lose you data. I know there are some real downsides to VZW's methods, but their service and data is not to be compared to. Basically, the only way to upgrade is buy third party and replace your phone. This will not mess with your data. Also just so you know, I was told (although unconfirmed) that should you somehow be forced into a share plan that within two weeks if your use is comparable to beforehand, you can ask for a data submittal reconsideration with a manager and if they approve, they can give back your unlimited data. This is if you use the upgrade or somehow lose your unlimited data.

I hope this helps ya all. Just have some patience, better phones will come and soon enough some more Nexus devices.

Edited by andrewjt19, 23 December 2012 - 05:34 AM.

• 2 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com