- - - - -

[BOOT ANIMATION] [WIP] DROID Prime

• Please log in to reply

OP BootAnimator

BootAnimator

Average Android

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:03 AM #1

Hello everyone.
Some of you may remember me as carlz28 from the various DROID forums on the internet. I started off making some wicked boot animations for our Android phones over a year ago. Then I got into theming and the boot animations kind of got put on hold. I made one here and there, but never really got back on track to making something worthwhile to release publicly.
So the other day, I saw on Droid-life.com that somebody made a Nexus Prime (unofficial) logo for the new phone coming out. I figured that would be something neat to turn into an animation. I contacted the original artist on deviantart.com, but haven't heard anything back yet. I took his logo and kind of remade it to look a bit crisper and add some visual effects to it. As you can see in the picture below:

Posted Image

If you click RIGHT HERE , you can see the preview.

Enjoy!

File Download:

bootanimation.zip

Sound file:

transdroid.mp3

Installation instructions?
This is going to be tricky, but most phones, this file should be put in /system/media folder, both the bootanimation.zip and the sound file. You may have to put the sound file in /system/media/notifications however.
Its going to be hit or miss.
And for Samsung users, ironically, this probably won't even work because Samsung uses a proprietary image format for their boot animations so this probably won't even work unless you're running a custom/AOSP ROM

Edited by BootAnimator, 06 September 2011 - 08:43 PM.

• 7 Likes
aka carlz28
If you're a legit dev, feel free to PM me for ROM mirroring. Tons of space and even more bandwidth!

ro6666lt

ro6666lt

Android Guru

• 1,227 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:47 PM #2

Right on... what's ur reason for doing this? To eventually put on the ns4g? If you're meaning to place on multiple devices, I'm sure u know about screen Res, blah blah blehw...

:-) keep up the good work!
  • 0 Likes

sefirosu

sefirosu

Supporting Member

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:06 PM #3

This is incredible! Nice job!
  • 0 Likes

CurrentWeb

CurrentWeb

Android Ninja

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:20 PM #4

That's pretty sweet! I like it how it is...
The only addition I would want is maybe have the head swivel back and forth (sort of r2d2-ish, if that makes sense...)
Overall, awesome job!
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus with whatever I feel like.
I can photoshop like a motherf*cker.
I made the Tablet Mode Mod: http://rootzwiki.com...ms-tablet-mode/

Pish Posh

Pish Posh

Android Beginner

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:34 PM #5

awesome job! cant wait for this to be ready :)
  • 0 Likes

Dizzle1978

Dizzle1978

Supporting Member

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:26 PM #6

Sweet work!
  • 0 Likes

gunz.jones

gunz.jones

Android Apprentice

• 70 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:39 PM #7

Good job! Can't wait for a D2G port.
  • 0 Likes

mr.droidx

mr.droidx

Android Apprentice

• 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:10 PM #8

wow this is literally the sickest boot animation i have ever seen! i cannot wait until this is up for grabs to flash! is this going to be able to flash on any phone?
  • 0 Likes

jev

jev

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:54 PM #9

Looks awesome! Good to see you still around. I've used many of your mods on my D1.
  • 0 Likes

JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper

MasterBaiter

• 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:25 PM #10

Thats got to be the greatest boot animation ever. Can't wait to put it on my phone.
  • 0 Likes