1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Is AVRCP 1.3 built into the AOKP JB milestone 1 build?

• Please log in to reply

OP bekyndnunwind

bekyndnunwind

Android Entropy

• 112 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:38 PM #1

I was just wondering, since sometimes early builds don't have it all working...
  • 0 Likes

MarcLandis

MarcLandis

AOKP bootloop developer

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:53 AM #2

4.1 has it

I am not sure about 4.2 as there is a completely new bluetooth stack.
  • 0 Likes

OP bekyndnunwind

bekyndnunwind

Android Entropy

• 112 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:11 AM #3

4.1 has it

I am not sure about 4.2 as there is a completely new bluetooth stack.

I gotcha. I'm still on JB build 4 (4.1.1) and AVRCP works great. I'd stay on this build, but it constantly freezes and the screen won't turn back on. I end up pulling the battery to get it to turn back on... :-(
  • 0 Likes

gaetawoo

gaetawoo

Love your frenemies

• 1,529 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 PM #4

4.2 does not have it yet.
  • 0 Likes

skynet11

skynet11

News Team/Moderator

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:17 PM #5

I gotcha. I'm still on JB build 4 (4.1.1) and AVRCP works great. I'd stay on this build, but it constantly freezes and the screen won't turn back on. I end up pulling the battery to get it to turn back on... :-(

Try JB Milestone 1?
  • 0 Likes
Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS Posted Image
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant

aross6

aross6

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:32 AM #6

Yes the AOKP JB Milestone 1 Build incorporates AVRCP 1.3. The wifey and I were on a 4.2.2 Rom (Shiny OTA) but after purchasing Digital Media Receivers for our cars and coming to the realization that no Meta-data was being passed along from our Toro's, we reverted to AOKP JB Milestone 1, and now it's all good. The bluetooth in 4.2.x is really buggy anyways because of the switch over on Google's part, and 4.2.x has a little more lag than 4.1.2. 4.1.2 is nicely polished and quite honestly so long as you install the Gesture Keyboard from 4.2 on the Milestone 1 Build you're really not missing much else. I know we'll be staying on the AOKP JB Milestone 1 Build until Google straightens out their Bluetooth issues and incorporates native AVRCP 1.3+ into AOSP, or until devs find a way to manage the Bluetooth mess and incorporate it.
  • 0 Likes

Shadowlore

Shadowlore

Android Forum Lurker

• 95 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:48 AM #7

... I know we'll be staying on the AOKP JB Milestone 1 Build until Google straightens out their Bluetooth issues and incorporates native AVRCP 1.3+ into AOSP, or until devs find a way to manage the Bluetooth mess and incorporate it.

Actually, I strongly recommend people check out the latest AOKP build for their devices if they're having BT issues. The latest build (especially the Toro build), irons out most of the strange quirkiness (audible glitches, connectivity issues) that seemed to occur with previous builds. While AVRCP is still noticeably missing, in the previous builds it was a somewhat bastardized version of it, that never seemed to give full control of the media/device to the connected BT controller.
  • 0 Likes