Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: Verizon

Optional:: Requires Data/Cache Wipe

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Requires GApps

Android Version:: 4.2.2 (JB)

Source:: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762846
AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2_r1.2b official Source Build JER09 hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM! -Mmuzzy

(mcp770 has no official affiliation w/ Mmuzzy other than being a fan of a perfect running 4.2.2 rom. I felt Rootz needed the rom posted and MMuzzy is a busy guy so I'm helping out just copying his thread over here. He is aware of this thread and will be watching so feel free to hit him up.)

Features include:
- Root with SuperSU
- Integrated GAPPs
- Quick Settings Mod (kevdliu)
- Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
- OTG support (Craig Gomez)
- Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
- Native tethering
- Verizon Sign in apps
- Play app auto restore
- Fixed pull-down carrier text
- GPS Lock Tweak (convolution)
- Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu
- Lean and fast

******************************************************************************************************************

Download Links:
- French Vanilla Mmuzzy ROM (mods able to be flashed) - Download

- Vanilla Pure AOSP (no mods should be used "STOCK") - Download

- Chocolate Milk Mmuzzy ROm (CM style): Download

- GAPPS - Download
- Mirror - Use the goo.im app

- Mike1986's Superwipe script (automates pre clean flash steps) - DownloadGoo.im

- For TONS of mods see the OP on XDA

******************************************************************************************************************

Directions (Clean Flash)
1. Wipe factory data/reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Go into mounts and storage
4. Format /system
5. Format /data
6. Format /cache
7. Wipe dalvik
8. Flash ROM
9. Flash GAPPs

Directions (Dirty Flash)
1. Wipe cache
2. Wipe dalvik
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash GAPPs

Tips:
- Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
- Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
- Update recovery to 4.2+ prior to flash: TWRP 2.5.0+
- To be safe, I recommend clean flashing with the Superwipe script. Especially if coming from another ROM.- If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery. Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.
- Easy to use (AWESOME) app to restore factory image or do just about anything GNEX related: GNEX Toolkit v10.1

Changelog:

April 19, 2013
- Merged in android-4.2.2_r1.2b (JER09)
- Updated Superuser
- De-integrated Superuser

March 1, 2012
- Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
- Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
- T9 dialer restored to ROM
- removed AOSP calendar
- Koush Superuser added (open source Superuser)
NOTE: If attempting to dirty flash, be sure to uninstall SuperSU. This can be done within the APP.
February 17, 2013
- Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
- Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
- Added in necessary binaries for 4.2.2 kernel (thanks Tiny)
- Compiled stock 4.2.2 kernel from AOSP source
Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release as it's currently running with one I compiled.

February 2, 2013
- Merged/Updated JOP40G from AOSP Repo
- FV and V versions updated
January 13, 2013 (Theme Update Only): Preview Here
- AdbFreedom theme for the 1-11 French Vanilla release... Enjoy!
-This theme is the way I set up my personal device. Mostly holo blue, white and black.
Here is a quick list of what you can expect
-
Blacked out menus throughout
-Blacked out stock T9 Dialer
-Themed quick settings
(Note: Battery image in quick settings will always show full by design because I dislike gray, text will tell you the percentage)
-Themed notification pull down
-Themed notifications for Gmail/Play Store/Calendar/Messaging
-Moto Style themed signal
-1% Circle Battery
-Themed power menu
-Themed Settings
-Centered Lock Screen
-42 dpi navbar with Blue 5 softkey set up (Stock 3 keys in the middle with search to the left and menu to the right)
* -- If you are running a custom kernel with color multipliers, I recommend using Trinity's colors - Red:135, Green:135, Blue:214 --*

*****************************************************************************************************************

Add-ons
See original source page: HERE

4.2.+ Kernels you may like
- TinyKernel: HERE
- Trinity Kernel: HERE
- ZENseries Kernel: HERE
- Franco Kernel: HERE

ROM/kernel source found here: HERE
Kevdliu's Android 4.2 Quick Settings Mod: HERE
If you like the work donate to MMuzzy: HERE

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Could just be posted on his behalf from someone who got his permission, I'm happy the thread was finally started here.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Reactions: JkdJEdi
#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Remember other than the essential mods like power menu options etc, mmuzzy keeps the rom as close to aosp as possible. I won't say it lacks bells and whistles entirely but you get the idea. Personally I think that's why it's one of the most stable 4.2.1 roms.

#24 ·
This ROM is long overdue on Rootz. Thanks MCP for taking the initiative. I'll help out here when I can. I joined XDA specifically to follow this ROM and Dr Muzzy, and holy balls I'm glad I did.

People, take my word for it. Install this ROM. You will find it to be the best experience you've ever had on the GNex. Seriously. Not only that, but MMuzzy is a credit to the Dev community in every sense of the word.

If you needed more convincing, Josh Toplotzky from The Verge just gave a huge shout out to this ROM and Muzz a few days ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#30 ·
First off, Thank you for an awesome ROM. Absolutely smooth as, well.... BUTTER... LOL. Very very nice. Ok.... I am not sure what the real problem is, but when I try to run the music app (not google play music) it stops. I notice when I look at the preview for sending an error report, I get this information: Package name "com.android.music" and the package version name is "4.1.1-eng.jake.20120927.065507".

I dont know if I am looking in the right place or not and I have no idea how to do a logcat or what ever its called. Strange thing is I can go to a song in my file manager and start the song with the music app and it plays just fine with no shutdown error. I am sure it is not truly a ROM issue just a nuance with this one app..... Thank you for your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.