New To The Forum And The Nexus 4

• Please log in to reply

OP DroidTastic

DroidTastic

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:45 PM #1

Hey everyone,

I'm Alvin, I just got my phone. Soooo happy I didn't get the Galaxy 3. I got one for my wife and it is sweet but the Nexus 4 is way better. How are you guys liking yours? :)
  • 0 Likes

Jubakuba

Jubakuba

Not Female

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:49 PM #2

I don't have one and I hate each and every one of you.
  • 2 Likes

Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Root Guide

I605/Toro/Grouper/Manta: AOKP/LeanKernel

The First Of Every Month is Developer Day: Pick A Dev And Donate

"Juba is kind of a dock."

winner00

winner00

Carbon Dev

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:56 PM #3

So far I am loving it! Welcome to the forums!
  • 0 Likes
Member of Team Carbon.
Devices: Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.
"Swagger is nothing. Talent is everything."

throwbot

throwbot

Android Master

• 802 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:43 AM #4

I don't have one and I hate each and every one of you.

Haha aaaamen

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Jesus promised to rid the world of wicked people.
Thor promised to rid the world of Frost Giants.
I dont see any Frost Giants.

housry23

housry23

Android Apprentice

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:06 PM #5

It's a great device at a great price! If you don't have one, sell your current phone and buy it NAOW!!!

I feel bad for Verizon Gnex owners because I highly doubt the the Nexus 4 will ever have a CDMA version. I think proprietary drivers and Verizon themselves have ruined the experience for Google. Anyway, if you can afford your ETF and and sell your VZW phone, I highly suggest doing so and moving to a Prepaid carrier and get the Nexus 4. You will not only save a lot of money, but can also change phones more often. Verizon is great and I had VZW and the gnex, but I have been very happy going to prepaid and ditching contracts. Also, if T-Mobile is strong in your area, I highly suggest them as your carrier because it will make the loss of LTE more bearable. T-Mobiles HSPA+ is VERY fast and even AT&T's HSPA+ has been good enough for everything I do mobile. I just wait until I get home on wifi before I download big files if I have to.

I don't know how I got off on that subject, but if more Rootz people get the phone, maybe the Nexus 4 community will grow! I miss you guys, but have to use the other site for Nexus 4 Roms and stuff, because there isn't much here.
  • 1 Likes
Download Linux Mint 13 http://www.linuxmint.com/

USSENTERNCC1701E

USSENTERNCC1701E

Average Android

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:31 PM #6

It's a great device at a great price! If you don't have one, sell your current phone and buy it NAOW!!!

NO!!! Buy it naow, sell your current phone in 7-10 weeks!!!

Uh, bytheby, OP has one...

Edited by USSENTERNCC1701E, 12 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

• 1 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:52 PM #7

if you can afford your ETF and and sell your VZW phone, I highly suggest doing so and moving to a Prepaid carrier and get the Nexus 4. You will not only save a lot of money, but can also change phones more often.

This is exactly what I did! Ended up costing us ~$400 to leave Verizon but we're saving over $100/month (with two additional lines), so we're quite happy about it! :-)
  • 0 Likes

davey11

davey11

I give cwm a WORKOUT

• 212 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:47 PM #8

I used to be a vz stalwart. Had strong lte service and unlimited but after dumping them, I am very happy and smiling all the way to the bank on st att. I'll save even more when I try out tmos $30 plan soon. Unlocked gsm is the way to go. The best part of all this is no stinkin contract.

Sent from my mako (:P)
  • 0 Likes

trparky

trparky

Android Addict

• 1,186 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:20 AM #9

I have about half a year until my contract is up on Verizon so I still have some thinking time. All I know is that I will be dumping Verizon simply because they have neglected the network in my area to the point where I constantly have dropped calls. I have to practically stand on one foot to keep a call in my house.

I've looked at the GSIII and the rooting issues and the lost IMEI issues too. UGH! I think that the Nexus 4 is the better phone for me since I'm one of those people who thinks "AOKP or bust". Now to decide upon a carrier. AT&T or T-Mobile.

Some people have said that in my area T-Mobile coverage sucks (dropped calls) and that they have dropped calls all the time. I know someone who has AT&T and they have perfect coverage.

Verizon used to be the best carrier, but now I see them as nothing but a company that makes you pay for that supposedly "better" network when in reality, it's far from being that "better" network.

Edited by trparky, 21 December 2012 - 08:22 AM.

• 0 Likes
Tom

Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Retired Devices: Samsung Droid Charge, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS

DroidBlaze

DroidBlaze

Cheesehead

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:45 AM #10

I have about half a year until my contract is up on Verizon so I still have some thinking time. All I know is that I will be dumping Verizon simply because they have neglected the network in my area to the point where I constantly have dropped calls. I have to practically stand on one foot to keep a call in my house.

I've looked at the GSIII and the rooting issues and the lost IMEI issues too. UGH! I think that the Nexus 4 is the better phone for me since I'm one of those people who thinks "AOKP or bust". Now to decide upon a carrier. AT&T or T-Mobile.

Some people have said that in my area T-Mobile coverage sucks (dropped calls) and that they have dropped calls all the time. I know someone who has AT&T and they have perfect coverage.

Verizon used to be the best carrier, but now I see them as nothing but a company that makes you pay for that supposedly "better" network when in reality, it's far from being that "better" network.

It's nice to see someone else from the Droid Charge come over!!! It usually comes down to this:
ATT=better coverage
Tmob=better speeds

If you get good coverage with tmob, I would choose them over ATT but from what you said tmob coverage is not good in your area. ATT has so far been really good coverage and speed wise for me (then again I live in L.A.). ATT has also really improved their network compared to the days of making fun of them for dropping calls everywhere. They're No. 2 for a reason even though they're not the iPhone exclusive carrier anymore. Just remember though that each area is different and some carriers are much better than others in certain areas (especially if you live in a small market area).

PS I'm using Straight Talk and not ATT but technically I'm still using ATT's network. Same speeds and coverage except no LTE.
  • 0 Likes