Rate this Topic

1 votes

[TOOL] Auto deodexer and debloater

• Please log in to reply

OP Bash_array

Bash_array

Android Lover

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:54 PM #1

Ok DNA peeps. Here is a tool to debloat And deodex your DNA with 1 click.

This tool is designed for noobs and for experienced users who don't want to run shell commands all day to remove apk's.

Prerequisites:

-Your bootloader must be unlocked

-Your phone must be rooted

-You must have custom recovery installed ie. CWR or TWRP

-You must have adb drivers and platform-tools installed on your PC

-You must have HTC Drivers installed on your PC

Instructions:

-download debloat and deodex_tool and unzip it

-download platform-tools folder and
unzip it
Platform tools -----> https://www.box.com/...vmvr57otkty52px

-copy platform-tools folder to the root of your c:\ drive (ie c:\platform-tools)
(if you know where your platform tools already are on your computer just copy it to the root of your c:\ drive

**Debloat and deodex tool will not work unless it finds your platform-tools folder at
c:\platform-tools**

- download, unzip, and copy the app and framework folder to the root of your internal sdcard. After the folders have been copied to your SD root directory you should have an "app" and "framework" folder filled with deodexed files ready to be manipulated by the deodex tool

Download app and framework folders here then unzip each.

App- https://www.box.com/...ojwbo9w4jkv8t4g

Framework - https://www.box.com/...gr8k1n2ha39mp1v

-while your phone is booted up to regular OS, connect your phone to the computer and ensure adb connection is established

-run adb devices from your c:\platform-tools folder to ensure your computer and phone are talking.

-run debloat and deodex_tool
Download tool here --- > https://www.box.com/...ixcz263gjs8uqw7

-Profit!!!

If you want a list of what this debloat tool will remove from your phone just right click on it and click edit. Scroll down to the list of apk's and remove what you don't want taken away and save. If you want something added just add a line item. Remember this is linux... everything is case sensitive. Then save

Follow me on Twitter @DanaloX

Buy me a beer -----> https://www.paypal.c...d=B7D55EAGBJBTY

Edited by das7982, 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM.

• 0 Likes

R3define

R3define

Android Beginner

• 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:37 PM #2

Probably a dumb question but do I unzip all the contents to the root of SD Card or should they be in an actual folder (ex App Folder) in the root of the sd card? When I unzip them they just go to the root of the sd card. Not in a folder.
  • 0 Likes
Unlocked HTC Droid DNA (Current) Motorola Droid Razr Maxx (Retired)
Motorola Droid Bionic (Retired) Samsung Droid Charge (Retired)
Motorola Droid X (Retired) Motorola Droid 2 (Retired)
Samsung Omnia (Retired)

OP Bash_array

Bash_array

Android Lover

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:31 PM #3

Probably a dumb question but do I unzip all the contents to the root of SD Card or should they be in an actual folder (ex App Folder) in the root of the sd card? When I unzip them they just go to the root of the sd card. Not in a folder.

They should unzip into a folder called app and framework. Copy these folders over to the root. All files within each folder. You should then have an app folder filled with deodexed apks and a folder named framework filled with jars on the root of your sd

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using RootzWiki

Edited by das7982, 29 November 2012 - 07:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

R3define

R3define

Android Beginner

• 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:39 PM #4

Okay. So, after getting the folders on the sd card, I start the tool, hit enter to continue when it says so, phone reboots to recovery, then starts to do its thing but every apk says file not found (Or can't remove file). What am I doing wrong? Sorry for all the problems. :/
  • 0 Likes
Samsung Omnia (Retired)

Deuce

Deuce

Android Beginner

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:40 AM #5

Okay. So, after getting the folders on the sd card, I start the tool, hit enter to continue when it says so, phone reboots to recovery, then starts to do its thing but every apk says file not found (Or can't remove file). What am I doing wrong? Sorry for all the problems. :/

it may just be erroring on files that you have already removed from debloating?
  • 0 Likes

R3define

R3define

Android Beginner

• 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:43 AM #6

it may just be erroring on files that you have already removed from debloating?

It errors on everyone. I mean I'm sure I can go through and delete them myself using TB. But this would be easier. Lol. ;)
  • 0 Likes
Samsung Omnia (Retired)

kascheri12

kascheri12

• 39 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:05 PM #7

I did as your instructions stated and my OS isnt booting now. There is no Droid sound for the Droid eye on boot up and its hanging on the red eye forever... Did i brick??

My phone is also not being recognized by my pc nor another pc i have. It tries to install drivers but the device doesnt show up in adb devices and i cant put anything on the sdcard. I definitely need help

Edited by kascheri12, 30 November 2012 - 02:21 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP Bash_array

Bash_array

Android Lover

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:19 PM #8

It will error on any file missing. Not to worry

• 0 Likes

OP Bash_array

Bash_array

Android Lover

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:20 PM #9

It errors on everyone. I mean I'm sure I can go through and delete them myself using TB. But this would be easier. Lol. ;)

It'll look that way. Check your system folder. You will be clean

• 0 Likes

OP Bash_array

Bash_array

Android Lover

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:22 PM #10

I did as your instructions stated and my OS isnt booting now. There is no Droid sound for the Droid eye on boot up and its hanging on the red eye forever... Did i brick??

Did you unzip the app and framework folder then copy the folders? That happened to someone else that didn't unzip

• 0 Likes