- - - - -

Changing the CID of the DNA

• Please log in to reply

OP MePascal

MePascal

Android Beginner

• 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:33 AM #1

Will the method that is used to change the CID of the DNA in order for the HTCDev site to unlock the device have any ill consequences pertaining to future development in Android (i.e. Google Play recognizing the device)?
  • 0 Likes

madzozs

madzozs

Average Android

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:06 AM #2

I'm sure if there were issues, this forum would have exploded. I unlocked/rooted/etc yesterday and was able to get all of my stuff from the play store with no problems.
  • 0 Likes

Imacellist

Imacellist

Noob Developer

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:27 AM #3

There is no way of knowing this. I contemplated the possibility of a later exploit that would not require this, but there is no way of knowing, and the liklihood of that coming anytime soon is low, since it has already been done, why do it again unless you have to? It probably will not have any ill consequences but other than guessing, there is no way of telling. We can just hope for the best.
  • 0 Likes
If I helped, let me know by clicking the like button
All you need to know about Droid X http://rootzwiki.com...ut-the-droid-x/

Posted Image
http:www.circuitsaviors.com

RuinedByMTV

RuinedByMTV

Supporting Member

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 PM #4

My biggest concern would be device authentication for my Play Music. After making this change Google Play recognizes it as the same device and I can stream my music still.
  • 0 Likes
◄Sometimes It's Easier To Do It The Hard Way►

3yoders

3yoders

• 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:27 AM #5

My biggest concern would be device authentication for my Play Music. After making this change Google Play recognizes it as the same device and I can stream my music still.

I did the Unlock and root....Google Play working fine for me. I believe most everything is tied to your google account vs. your phone id/info.
  • 0 Likes

RuinedByMTV

RuinedByMTV

Supporting Member

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:04 AM #6

I did the Unlock and root....Google Play working fine for me. I believe most everything is tied to your google account vs. your phone id/info.

It still looks at one of the phones ids but obviously not the CID.
  • 0 Likes

3yoders

3yoders

• 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:49 AM #7

It still looks at one of the phones ids but obviously not the CID.

This has got me curious...Since it is web/cloud based, and I can pull it up on any device I'm logged in on, why would it look at a phone's id?
  • 0 Likes

ALDO101T

ALDO101T

• 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:57 AM #8

after unlock there should be a way to revert back to original cid, like we did on the inc4 lte
  • 0 Likes

RuinedByMTV

RuinedByMTV

Supporting Member

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:10 PM #9

This has got me curious...Since it is web/cloud based, and I can pull it up on any device I'm logged in on, why would it look at a phone's id?

Google Music allows 10 devices to stream music. That's why it's looking for an ID.
  • 1 Likes