Unable to resolve boot loop on atrix 4g

• Please log in to reply

OP bob001

bob001

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:15 AM #1

Hi All,

After whole night efforts; i am giving up and badly need help.
I was able to unlock and root the device.
But due to badluck i decided to use TWR and then used with CM7 and CM10 (both from CWM).
Now both of them goes into boot loop.

Worst part is TWR couldn't restore it's own backup and that really screwed everything.

Now, please give me anything to get back so that at least i can utilize my phone..it is AT&T US. I will appreciate if unlock and root doesn't go away during this. I feel very bad that TWR folks haven't test there backup and restore and i just couldn't restore at all.

Please help me to either resolve this loop (CM10 actually hangs.. keeps circling whereas CM7 keeps android robot running and coming back.. probably sort of reboot).

I wanted to try AOKP but couldn't find during my research a single wiki or steps where i can do all the steps with adb and fastboot itself (since phone is not booting; how will i place something on sd card?. AOKP guys looks like didn't provide instructions even on there wiki page).
Sorry ..i am starting to rant now..but hope you will understand.

Or at least please help me get back my cell phone line. I am in big trouble without this.

Please provide step-by-step as i am really newbie here.

Regards,
Bob.
PHone :- MB860 - ATRIX 4G - AT&T - USA.

Edited by bob001, 25 November 2012 - 02:16 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP bob001

bob001

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:47 AM #2

ok..resolved when agreed to wipe all
Here is what was done since i can't get into the phone and then wipe data too worked out..
==
From_another_url_
=
If you don't have an sd card, or your slot is broken you can try this trick, but you will need a custom recovery like Clockwork.

Boot up your phone to recovery. And move your rom file to the adb directory, and start a command line ( cmd )
adb shell
mount data
adb push D:\custom_rom.zip /data/
Wait until the push finised, and restart your device to recovery again with "adb reboot-bootloader"
mount data
mount /data /sdcard ( mount the data folder into your sdcard folder, so your recovery will think that you have an sdcard installed )
Locate the ROM .Zip file you wish to flash.
Confirm the flash by following the on-screen instructions (ie: pressing the trackball, pressing the call button, etc.)
If no errors arise during the flashing process then the ROM flash was successful, Reboot the device.
With some root file explorer, remove the rom file if you don't need it anymore, to free up space.
Or use adb to remove the custom recovery
==

Edited by bob001, 25 November 2012 - 06:48 AM.

• 0 Likes