3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

1 votes

[Unlock] HTC Droid DNA

• Please log in to reply

TGreg104

TGreg104

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:45 AM #41

Thank you so much man. I'm sure its safe to say we're all thankful for the time you put into this. Good things are coming for the DNA
  • 0 Likes

davezdroid

davezdroid

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:52 PM #42

I've been watching this since launch day. You guys rock, getting the DNA unlocked so quickly. Now I need to buy nine. :P
  • 0 Likes

Realm11984

Realm11984

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:33 AM #43

So I spent most of the night figuring out how to make adb work. I have been unlocking phones since smartphones were pda's but escaped having to use adb thus far. Now that I'm all setup there I am stuck at the CIDBLOCK.img part. The phone says it made the file but when I check in the terminal it says it is not there. I don't need a broken phone so I resisted and stopped there per directions. What should I do next?

Thanks in advance!
  • 0 Likes

TheChad

TheChad

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:12 AM #44

Just did the dirty deed last night with no problems at all. For the sake of public info I used a netbook running ubuntu to do all the adb commands. Fastboot couldn't see the device so I switched to windows and finished the HTCdev directions on windows. Recovery, root and debloated now! Thanks jcase! I threw you $10 at your PayPal this morning.
  • 0 Likes

Palfy

Palfy

Technically Savvy

• 151 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:49 AM #45

I have the most current Android SDK installed. I have USB debugging ON on my DNA. I plugged my DNA to my PC & it installed the drivers & when I open a command prompt and type adb devices it gives me my serial number. I put the runme.sh, CIDGen.apk and backup.ab in the android-sdk/platform-tools/ directory.

So when I do the first step on the tutorial which is adb install CIDGen.apk it says it can't find CIDGen.apk. I really don't know what is happening. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who can help in advance.

I am really not sure what I am doing wrong, this has NEVER happened before.

**EDIT**

I was doing some research..... do I need to add " to the command? Something like this......"adb install CIDGen.apk"...... to make it work?

I saw this HERE http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=870571 but I am really not to sure if that will mess up the whole process. I am really trying to figure this out! I am not going to do anything until I get an experienced person to give me some solid advice.

I have a feeling it's something simple that I am missing. It usually turns out that way! lol :_con:

Edited by Palfy, 26 November 2012 - 05:17 AM.

• 0 Likes
Sent from my gloriously rooted HTC Droid DNA OR Asus Transformer Prime with all sorts of crazy & zany cool stuff! Yeah you wish your iPhone or iPad did that! lol

MePascal

MePascal

Android Beginner

• 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:28 AM #46

Should be able to just copy/paste all the instructions right to the cmd window.....
That's what I have always done.
  • 0 Likes

Imacellist

Imacellist

Noob Developer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:47 AM #47

I have the most current Android SDK installed. I have USB debugging ON on my DNA. I plugged my DNA to my PC & it installed the drivers & when I open a command prompt and type adb devices it gives me my serial number. I put the runme.sh, CIDGen.apk and backup.ab in the android-sdk/platform-tools/ directory.

So when I do the first step on the tutorial which is adb install CIDGen.apk it says it can't find CIDGen.apk. I really don't know what is happening. Any ideas? Thanks to anyone who can help in advance.

I am really not sure what I am doing wrong, this has NEVER happened before.

**EDIT**

I was doing some research..... do I need to add " to the command? Something like this......"adb install CIDGen.apk"...... to make it work?

I saw this HERE http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=870571 but I am really not to sure if that will mess up the whole process. I am really trying to figure this out! I am not going to do anything until I get an experienced person to give me some solid advice.

I have a feeling it's something simple that I am missing. It usually turns out that way! lol :_con:

If it cannot find the file it means the file you are trying to execute is not in the correct directory. Make sure that in the terminal you have moved to the directory where your adb files are ( cd [directory ex: C:\adbtools\whatever]). Then you need to make sure that the files you are using with adb such as CIDGen.apk are in the same directory as the file adb.exe. So if you look at it in windows you would see both files in the same window. Not trying to baby you, just being as descriptive as possible, haha. I

It it still does not work, I suggest redownloading the file, or make sure the file has been unzipped. Windows doesn't show the file extensions by default, so it may be named CIDGen.apk, but still be zipped, which is why it can't be found, because the file is currently CIDGen.apk.zip. So make sure it is not zipped.
  • 1 Likes
If I helped, let me know by clicking the like button
All you need to know about Droid X http://rootzwiki.com...ut-the-droid-x/

Posted Image
http:www.circuitsaviors.com

Damented

Damented

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:26 AM #48

I have windows 8 and I can't get ADB to install or work for the life of me..
  • 0 Likes

Imacellist

Imacellist

Noob Developer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:35 AM #49

I have windows 8 and I can't get ADB to install or work for the life of me..

I had that problem too. Make sure you click on all the popups for autorun and install them, otherwise the drivers may not install properly. You can always do a temporary install of linux and do it that way too.
  • 0 Likes
If I helped, let me know by clicking the like button
All you need to know about Droid X http://rootzwiki.com...ut-the-droid-x/

Posted Image
http:www.circuitsaviors.com

docnok

docnok

Android Lover

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:49 AM #50

If it cannot find the file it means the file you are trying to execute is not in the correct directory. Make sure that in the terminal you have moved to the directory where your adb files are ( cd [directory ex: C:\adbtools\whatever]). Then you need to make sure that the files you are using with adb such as CIDGen.apk are in the same directory as the file adb.exe. So if you look at it in windows you would see both files in the same window. Not trying to baby you, just being as descriptive as possible, haha. I

It it still does not work, I suggest redownloading the file, or make sure the file has been unzipped. Windows doesn't show the file extensions by default, so it may be named CIDGen.apk, but still be zipped, which is why it can't be found, because the file is currently CIDGen.apk.zip. So make sure it is not zipped.

This is completely correct. You have to ensure that the .apk file is extracted from the .zip file first and put in the same folder as adb.exe. Here is what mine looks after installing the SDK into "Android SDK" folder: http://dl.dropbox.co...6384/visual.jpg

Hope this helps.
  • 1 Likes
HTC Droid DNA with UKB 1.2.1 with Real Icon Theme v21 and AC!D Audio Engine™ v5.0