jcase

Rooter

• 241 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 PM #21

Tried again with no joy: http://dl.dropbox.co...6384/no joy.jpg

try again, run the runme.sh first and leave it running,

then run the restore one
  • 0 Likes
Please don't PM me here, I will not likely read it as I do not check often.

TDetroit

TDetroit

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:56 PM #22

I'm getting a Permission Denied error when I enter adb shell mv /data/DxDrm /data/DxDrm_org. I'm following everything to the letter.
  • 0 Likes

gitku

gitku

Mad Source Themes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:01 PM #23

Windows or linux I'm sure? Dumb question I think ... Just would rather not brick

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

OP jcase

jcase

Rooter

• 241 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:13 PM #24

Windows or linux I'm sure? Dumb question I think ... Just would rather not brick

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using RootzWiki

linux works best
  • 0 Likes
Please don't PM me here, I will not likely read it as I do not check often.

Deuce

Deuce

Android Beginner

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:18 PM #25

Unlocking and Root Success.

Had some issues that were resolved thanks to dsb9938 and jcase -

adb and fastboot were freezing, i moved from a usb 3.0 port to usb 2 port, and it worked fine after that.

thank you sirs, great work!
  • 1 Likes

docnok

docnok

Android Lover

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:48 PM #26

I'm getting a Permission Denied error when I enter adb shell mv /data/DxDrm /data/DxDrm_org. I'm following everything to the letter.

As you can see from my screenshot, I was stuck at about the same point. I was not following the instructions to the letter. The DOS reply after that tells you to unlock your phone and give permission for the full backup....duh me....LOOK AT YOUR PHONE!!! I hope this helps...because...

http://dl.dropbox.co...066384/woot.jpg

A very, VERY special thank you to jcase and D for this. I got you. You know what I mean...

Edited by docnok, 24 November 2012 - 03:56 PM.

• 0 Likes
HTC Droid DNA with UKB 1.2.1 with Real Icon Theme v21 and AC!D Audio Engine™ v5.0

skynet11

skynet11

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:55 PM #27

I also have instructions here on RootzWiki, including instructions for installing the Android SDK if this is your first phone http://rootzwiki.com...r-the-dna-r1250.
  • 1 Likes

Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS :P
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant

Droidnutz

Droidnutz

Android Beginner

• 133 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:36 PM #28

Unlocking and Root Success.

Had some issues that were resolved thanks to dsb9938 and jcase -

adb and fastboot were freezing, i moved from a usb 3.0 port to usb 2 port, and it worked fine after that.

thank you sirs, great work!

I have unlock but am having trouble flashing things in fastboot. system recognizes phone but tells me that it cannot load the file I am requesting.. What am I doing wrong?
  • 0 Likes

wera750

wera750

Android Addict

• 1,043 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:58 PM #29

so i tried to unlock did the adb reboot and adb wait for reboot, then started the run me script again and then ran the restore command in another window and boom black SOD.... off to verizon to buy another one and try again
  • 0 Likes
Bout that time of year to turn back into a racer and give the nerdery a break...

dajmanjt

dajmanjt

Android Beginner

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:14 PM #30

I got all the way to the point where i am doing the adb restore backup.ab command and nothing happens. it just gives me a list of commands like i am typing something wrong.... any ideas?
  • 0 Likes