Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Nexus 10 Rom development

• Please log in to reply

OP Lesser Version

Lesser Version

• 87 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:00 AM #1

I frequent both xda and rootz often as I own a GNex and have some urges to purchase the Nexus 10, however I am concerned about how many active developers own and plan to develop for it. I only see one rom so far and while I know it takes time and 4.2 is great as is, I also enjoy the additional features rom developers add. Should this be a concern?
  • 0 Likes

homerunbm33

homerunbm33

• 43 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:42 AM #2

I frequent both xda and rootz often as I own a GNex and have some urges to purchase the Nexus 10, however I am concerned about how many active developers own and plan to develop for it. I only see one rom so far and while I know it takes time and 4.2 is great as is, I also enjoy the additional features rom developers add. Should this be a concern?

Only been a week or so give it time. Paranoidandroid has a beta out and I'm sure AOKP and CM10 will too once they get 4.2 merged.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

xIC-MACIx

xIC-MACIx

• 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:38 PM #3

No concern at all, there are devs ready to tear in to the N10...
1. They are just trying to get their hands on a device first. ( & for most, a 32GB model is a must)
2. Its a Nexus, need I say more? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using RootzWiki
  • 2 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:44 PM #4

Not only has it only been out a brief time (most of which supply has been limited) but why does it matter anyways? It's a Nexus so it will get the latest and greatest from Google anyways. It's not like you will need devs to supply you with the most current version of Android like with OEM branded devices.
  • 1 Likes

OP Lesser Version

Lesser Version

• 87 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:13 PM #5

Not only has it only been out a brief time (most of which supply has been limited) but why does it matter anyways? It's a Nexus so it will get the latest and greatest from Google anyways. It's not like you will need devs to supply you with the most current version of Android like with OEM branded devices.

I realize I will always have the most up-to-date android version on the market, however like I said, I like the extras that developers add that may not be in stock android. That's what having a Nexus is all about, Updates, choice, and variety!! Purchasing now!
  • 0 Likes

craigacgomez

craigacgomez

Android & Linux FTW!!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:11 PM #6

Well, it takes a while to merge 4.2 with all the changes in CM, AOKP, Paranoid and other ROMs... all the goodies they added need to be ported, often one at a time... so it takes... CM, AOKP, Paranoid are chugging away at the source and putting the bits and pieces together... the only reason I could release a ROM so soon is because it is based on AOSP and I had already been playing around with AOSP for my Galaxy Nexus so it just fell into place...
  • 3 Likes

OP Lesser Version

Lesser Version

• 87 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:31 PM #7

Well, it takes a while to merge 4.2 with all the changes in CM, AOKP, Paranoid and other ROMs... all the goodies they added need to be ported, often one at a time... so it takes... CM, AOKP, Paranoid are chugging away at the source and putting the bits and pieces together... the only reason I could release a ROM so soon is because it is based on AOSP and I had already been playing around with AOSP for my Galaxy Nexus so it just fell into place...

And I appreciate your work sir!!
  • 1 Likes

Grizzly420

Grizzly420

Android Apprentice

• 568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:48 AM #8

As do i

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes

havi007

havi007

Android Addict

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:17 PM #9

I love your roms man
  • 1 Likes
Posted Image
[12 2009]T Mobile HTC G1 Dream Stock - Sold [11 06 2009]Verizon Motorola Droid A855 GPA19 - Sold

[12 15 2011]Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515 [02 22 2012]Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Sold
[07 18 2012]Asus Nexus 7 - Sold[11 15 2012]Samsung Nexus 10 [12 10 2012]Verizon Samsung Note 2

EniGmA1987

EniGmA1987

Android Beginner

• 430 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:47 AM #10

In addition to AOKP, CM, and Paranoid there are a couple other teams still trying to get their hands on a 32GB model before they start developing.

Really I wish there were a few more experienced kernel dev's though. Only 3 that I know of are looking at doing that sort of work so far, 2 of which are really new at it and dont yet know the advanced stuff.
  • 0 Likes