Rate this Topic

6 votes

[ALPHA][ROM][4.2.1] CyanogenMod 10.1 UNOFFICIAL for Samsung Fascinate 12/16

• Please log in to reply

someguynamedpaul

someguynamedpaul

• 36 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:07 AM #891

Is there an alternative way to trigger diagnostic mode?  Take for example a VZW Galaxy Nexus.  If I throw a Sprint ROM on there then there are various *#*# codes that work, but if I have the VZW CM ROM on there they do not.  As a workaround I can echo "PDA" or "MODEM" into some /sys files and it will alter if it is in diagnostic mode or not.

• 0 Likes

showcasemodr

showcasemodr

Super User

• 373 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:57 AM #892

Is there an alternative way to trigger diagnostic mode?  Take for example a VZW Galaxy Nexus.  If I throw a Sprint ROM on there then there are various *#*# codes that work, but if I have the VZW CM ROM on there they do not.  As a workaround I can echo "PDA" or "MODEM" into some /sys files and it will alter if it is in diagnostic mode or not.

Hmm if there is I'm not sure. I searched forever and couldn't find any codes that worked on aosp roms. I even tried different launcher's with shortcuts and Anycut with a shortcut, but I never had any luck.

I sent you a pm.

• 0 Likes

skepticmisfit

skepticmisfit

Average Android

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:37 PM #893

Diag mode has been reported not to work on any MTD rom on the Fascinate. You gotta go back to stock (EH03) to use it.

djp952, the developer of the GeeWiz ROM, is currently working on a patch for diagnostic mode.

• 1 Likes