3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](8/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

crispy

crispy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:52 PM #15141

I have installed fml lollipop on my Gnex & was surprised how well it worked. After using it for a few days I realized there were limitations. Maybe because its an older phone but also some of my older apps didn't work either. I re installed shiny & fancy r60 & WOW.

Now I'm concerned about my Samsung S4 with lollipop. I might not like it.
Sob sob blubber blubber.

lol

Which LP ROM did you try? I'm willing to give it a try on my wife Gnex. Good enough for a daily driver?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

jwildman16

jwildman16

Gadget Guy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:27 PM #15142

I have installed fml lollipop on my Gnex...

Which LP ROM did you try?

"FML” is the Fork My Life ROM.
  • 0 Likes

traco

traco

• 64 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:34 AM #15143

Here's an update I think this says a lot !!!     I left my Gnex on all night. It was at 54% the night before. The next morning it was at 50%. Only went down 4%.

Last check I had 47% with 23 1/2 hours of up time.

That I like. 

• 0 Likes

traco

traco

• 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:12 PM #15144

Thought I'd better mention for anyone who wants to follows this. I had an odd thing happen with my Gnex after my last post. I was having problems with g launcher & thought it was some app I had running in the background. My phone started using up the battery very quickly.  After charging it to 100%. I left it on over night with 90% charge. The next morning approximately 9 hours later it was 54%. So now I have installed Franco r398. I'll have to see ,but I have noticed the screen colors seem more vibrant & the phone seems smoother running. 

Just FYI.

• 0 Likes

ajay85

ajay85

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:11 AM #15145

So I jumped on board the Nexus 6 train as of Wednesday.  For a little over 2 years I’ve ran Shiny, and only Shiny.  I got my gNex just days before vzw stopped selling it and it’s surprising that as a nexus I’ve never used Stock.  I have to thank BaldwinGuy, inmanster, all of the other Dev’s and Mod makers, and this community as a whole.  If it wasn’t for Shiny I would have been one of the other’s screaming about the vzw gNex never getting updates, but I never cared because I was always current.  Maybe someday I’ll get Lollipop flashed on here, until then…

Thanks for the fun.

• 1 Likes

bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin

Android Beginner

• 361 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:55 PM #15146

So I jumped on board the Nexus 6 train as of Wednesday. For a little over 2 years I’ve ran Shiny, and only Shiny. I got my gNex just days before vzw stopped selling it and it’s surprising that as a nexus I’ve never used Stock. I have to thank BaldwinGuy, inmanster, all of the other Dev’s and Mod makers, and this community as a whole. If it wasn’t for Shiny I would have been one of the other’s screaming about the vzw gNex never getting updates, but I never cared because I was always current. Maybe someday I’ll get Lollipop flashed on here, until then…

Thanks for the fun.

Lollipop is the best ROM for the gnex in a while. The new kernels and drivers written for make it all new again. Head over to XDA and try it out.
  • 0 Likes

bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin

Android Beginner

• 361 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:55 PM #15147

So I jumped on board the Nexus 6 train as of Wednesday. For a little over 2 years I’ve ran Shiny, and only Shiny. I got my gNex just days before vzw stopped selling it and it’s surprising that as a nexus I’ve never used Stock. I have to thank BaldwinGuy, inmanster, all of the other Dev’s and Mod makers, and this community as a whole. If it wasn’t for Shiny I would have been one of the other’s screaming about the vzw gNex never getting updates, but I never cared because I was always current. Maybe someday I’ll get Lollipop flashed on here, until then…

Thanks for the fun.

ooh BTW I got the nexus 6 as well. Love it.

Edited by bryantjopplin, 22 March 2015 - 12:57 PM.

• 1 Likes

Leonardo777

Leonardo777

• 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:20 PM #15148

Well I haven't been on here for quite some time now.  It sounds like Shiny is over. :cry:   But it also sounds like XDA has a lollipop for the old Gnex.   I might just try it for fun!

I too got a N6 a while back and it is just perfect for me!  Using Pure Shamu since it is kind of like Shiny but with some nice tweaks.

PS: I searched this site for N6 roms and the forums appear to be taken over by AD-bots. Weird!    G'day mates!

• 1 Likes

mastertech007

mastertech007

Android Lover

• 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:15 AM #15149

I'm sorry, but I have been all over this topic and can not for the life of me locate the F2FS version of ShinyRom 4.4.4

Is this something that I need to convert myself or has this been done and secret squirrel stuff?

thanks

UPDATED: Disregard, converted back to ext4 and flashed. Boy I missed this ROM.

Edited by mastertech007, 09 April 2015 - 07:00 AM.

• 1 Likes

jwildman16

jwildman16

Gadget Guy

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:33 PM #15150

Hi everyone. Long time, no see. I'm attempting to set up my GNex as an IP camera. I've set my router to reserve a certain IP address for it, but I just discovered that the GNex's MAC address is changing upon reboot. This makes it so the DHCP reservation doesn't stick (it just sees another new Android device). Does anyone know why this is happening and especially how I might make the MAC address persist through reboots? 

• 0 Likes