3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](8/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

crispy

crispy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:52 PM #15141

I have installed fml lollipop on my Gnex & was surprised how well it worked. After using it for a few days I realized there were limitations. Maybe because its an older phone but also some of my older apps didn't work either. I re installed shiny & fancy r60 & WOW.

Now I'm concerned about my Samsung S4 with lollipop. I might not like it.
Sob sob blubber blubber.

lol

Which LP ROM did you try? I'm willing to give it a try on my wife Gnex. Good enough for a daily driver?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

jwildman16

jwildman16

Gadget Guy

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:27 PM #15142

I have installed fml lollipop on my Gnex...

Which LP ROM did you try?

"FML” is the Fork My Life ROM.
  • 0 Likes

traco

traco

• 64 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:34 AM #15143

Here's an update I think this says a lot !!!     I left my Gnex on all night. It was at 54% the night before. The next morning it was at 50%. Only went down 4%.

Last check I had 47% with 23 1/2 hours of up time.

That I like. 

• 0 Likes

traco

traco

• 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:12 PM #15144

Thought I'd better mention for anyone who wants to follows this. I had an odd thing happen with my Gnex after my last post. I was having problems with g launcher & thought it was some app I had running in the background. My phone started using up the battery very quickly.  After charging it to 100%. I left it on over night with 90% charge. The next morning approximately 9 hours later it was 54%. So now I have installed Franco r398. I'll have to see ,but I have noticed the screen colors seem more vibrant & the phone seems smoother running. 

Just FYI.

• 0 Likes

ajay85

ajay85

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:11 AM #15145

So I jumped on board the Nexus 6 train as of Wednesday.  For a little over 2 years I’ve ran Shiny, and only Shiny.  I got my gNex just days before vzw stopped selling it and it’s surprising that as a nexus I’ve never used Stock.  I have to thank BaldwinGuy, inmanster, all of the other Dev’s and Mod makers, and this community as a whole.  If it wasn’t for Shiny I would have been one of the other’s screaming about the vzw gNex never getting updates, but I never cared because I was always current.  Maybe someday I’ll get Lollipop flashed on here, until then…

Thanks for the fun.

• 0 Likes

bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin

Android Beginner

• 358 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:55 PM #15146

So I jumped on board the Nexus 6 train as of Wednesday. For a little over 2 years I’ve ran Shiny, and only Shiny. I got my gNex just days before vzw stopped selling it and it’s surprising that as a nexus I’ve never used Stock. I have to thank BaldwinGuy, inmanster, all of the other Dev’s and Mod makers, and this community as a whole. If it wasn’t for Shiny I would have been one of the other’s screaming about the vzw gNex never getting updates, but I never cared because I was always current. Maybe someday I’ll get Lollipop flashed on here, until then…

Thanks for the fun.

Lollipop is the best ROM for the gnex in a while. The new kernels and drivers written for make it all new again. Head over to XDA and try it out.
  • 0 Likes

bryantjopplin

bryantjopplin

Android Beginner

• 358 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:55 PM #15147

So I jumped on board the Nexus 6 train as of Wednesday. For a little over 2 years I’ve ran Shiny, and only Shiny. I got my gNex just days before vzw stopped selling it and it’s surprising that as a nexus I’ve never used Stock. I have to thank BaldwinGuy, inmanster, all of the other Dev’s and Mod makers, and this community as a whole. If it wasn’t for Shiny I would have been one of the other’s screaming about the vzw gNex never getting updates, but I never cared because I was always current. Maybe someday I’ll get Lollipop flashed on here, until then…

Thanks for the fun.

ooh BTW I got the nexus 6 as well. Love it.

Edited by bryantjopplin, 22 March 2015 - 12:57 PM.

• 0 Likes

Leonardo777

Leonardo777

• 15 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:20 PM #15148

Well I haven't been on here for quite some time now.  It sounds like Shiny is over. :cry:   But it also sounds like XDA has a lollipop for the old Gnex.   I might just try it for fun!

I too got a N6 a while back and it is just perfect for me!  Using Pure Shamu since it is kind of like Shiny but with some nice tweaks.

PS: I searched this site for N6 roms and the forums appear to be taken over by AD-bots. Weird!    G'day mates!

• 0 Likes