Rate this Topic

57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](8/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

danv1369

danv1369

• 89 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 AM #15051

Well i finally cracked my screen.  My dog loves putting stupid things in his mouth and when i bent over to take whatever garbage he had found my phone flew out of my shirt pocket and hit the sidewalk face down.  a friend in the office has an old gnex he isn't using.  probably will swap my guts to his screen and frame to keep my awesome gnex chugging right along. 

I did the same when my screen cracked. The guide I found was for the GSM model and there are only 4 screws but on my phone there were 5. I spent 15 very frustrating minutes trying to remove the display from the housing before realizing there was another screw. Once that screw was out it was very easy to replace. So, word of advise...remove all the screws first  :grin:

• 0 Likes

DroidDoes

DroidDoes

Android Lover

• 106 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:42 AM #15052

Nexus 6 went up for pre order... sold out in seconds it seems. 

• 2 Likes

picassokat

picassokat

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM #15053

Nexus 6 went up for pre order... sold out in seconds it seems.

Great, will be able to check it at Verizon soon, hopefully. Won't order till I've held it. Read review of turbo, only other one I'm considering at gizmodo http://gizmodo.com/d...-for-1651686199 Seems to be a road warrior. Only has the one speaker tho, but comes with the turbo charger. These are only 2 I'm considering. One thing I didn't know & learned from gizmodo piece is that Verizon will give $100 credit for trading in gnex.

Edited by picassokat, Yesterday, 11:22 PM.

• 1 Likes

DirtyJerz

DirtyJerz

Android Lover

Posted Today, 06:04 AM #15054

I'm looking for the best place to get guts for the GNex. Charging port along with the speaker/vibrator/headphone piece. Last night my wife decideed it would be a good idea to plug a damp charger cable into her GN to charge it. Almost caught fire. 

Anyway, by best place i mean fastest, from personal experience. Until I get this fixed, I'm keeping 2 batteries charged with my phone. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 0 Likes

danv1369

danv1369

• 89 posts

Posted Today, 06:31 AM #15055

I'm looking for the best place to get guts for the GNex. Charging port along with the speaker/vibrator/headphone piece. Last night my wife decideed it would be a good idea to plug a damp charger cable into her GN to charge it. Almost caught fire. 

Anyway, by best place i mean fastest, from personal experience. Until I get this fixed, I'm keeping 2 batteries charged with my phone. 

Thanks in advance. 

I have a MotoX now so I will sell you my Gnex. I have two. One is in really good condition and everything works.  The other has a cracked screen and the sim card reader is bad. All other parts should work. PM if you are interested and we can talk prices. I am off of work tomorrow so I could ship it out to you tomorrow or Saturday at the latest.

• 0 Likes

DirtyJerz

DirtyJerz

Android Lover

Posted Today, 06:46 AM #15056

danv, I just ordered from fleabay. should be here Monday. at ~$10 for both parts, not a bad deal. Thanks for the quick response. 

• 1 Likes

RW-1

RW-1

Rotory Winged Droider

Posted Today, 09:19 AM #15057

Thanks in advance. 

Ask Droiddoes about his Friends GNex he's going to grab ...

• 0 Likes

mseidman

mseidman

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted Today, 11:35 AM #15058

Wow. All is buttery and battery life is awesome again. 

Was running the 8/9 build with fancy R59 (clean install with prior build and dirty install with 8/9). I went to R60 the day it was released. My trusty GNex became butterless over the next couple of days and started randomly rebooting three days ago. After an immediate wipe to factory settings, wiping cache and dalvic, and re-installing radios, SUper, Shiny, R60 and waiting for all apps to install again...

Wow. All is buttery and battery life is awesome again.

BTW: ZeroLemon 5780mAh is lasting 2+ days with 4 hours of listening to music/podcasts via blue tooth, light email, light texting, random other apps and experiencing 3 hours daily Boston Commuter Rail (Wifi => 4G => 3G => noG => 3G => 4G => Wifi eachway). 

I may jump to the N6 for the camera and more butter. But if can't live with it's size, I know my GNex will survive a few more tumbles from shirt pockets into the dog's water bowl.

This phone still rocks thanks to Shiny and this community!

• 1 Likes