Rate this Topic

57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](8/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

Mickle

Mickle

• 92 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 AM #15021

I haven't experienced any WiFi issues at all after the APN mod. Recently my phone has been exceptionally slow so I ended up dirty flashing and switching back to a different kernel that it seems to like better. After doing so I didn't flashed the APN mod again and connections seem about the same. With or without it I still see some pretty lengthy data drops. When it is really bad I just shut of 4g and deal with slower connections. At least its connected.

I, personally, won't have to deal with it much longer as I pulled the trigger on a new Moto X and will be jumping ship to T-Mobile as soon as it arrives. I will be keeping my Gnex as a WiFi device and will be keeping it loaded up with the latest version of Shiny.
  • 0 Likes

RW-1

RW-1

Rotory Winged Droider

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 AM #15022

No issues on any wifi - 2.4 or 5 bands.

The APN is for the cellular data, doesn't contain info for wifi connection AFAIK ....

• 1 Likes

pkgnex

pkgnex

• 69 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 AM #15023

No issues on any wifi - 2.4 or 5 bands.

The APN is for the cellular data, doesn't contain info for wifi connection AFAIK ....

That's what I though, too, but the timing of the beginning of this issue for me coincided with flashing the mod.  Since others aren't having issues, it's probably just coincidence.

• 0 Likes

jwildman16

jwildman16

Gadget Guy

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 AM #15024

My connections did not improve after flashing the APN mod. I have also noticed some WiFi problems, but I'm not prepared to say it's related. That said, I have a Moto G that's been by my GNex's side for a couple weeks and it hasn't had any of the same WiFi problems. To clarify, I'm connected to the network, but the bars are orange.
  • 0 Likes

defens23

defens23

Android Lover

Posted Yesterday, 06:03 PM #15025

My connections did not improve after flashing the APN mod. I have also noticed some WiFi problems, but I'm not prepared to say it's related. That said, I have a Moto G that's been by my GNex's side for a couple weeks and it hasn't had any of the same WiFi problems. To clarify, I'm connected to the network, but the bars are orange.

My connections haven't improved either.    No wifi issues though.

But thank you for trying.

Edited by defens23, Yesterday, 06:22 PM.

• 0 Likes