57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](8/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 310 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:09 PM #15011

My Galaxy Nexus is working pretty decent today. It's been a good run. While there are aspects of the Nexus 6 I don't like, everything about it seems top end. It'll be nice to have access to AWS & XLTE, wireless charging, large battery, speedy specs. The upfront cost is a lot, but in 2-3 years it'll still run great I'm sure
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

RW-1

RW-1

Rotory Winged Droider

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:51 PM #15012

The fun begins, L search, GNL and KB are now available as APK's for our phones, you'll need to grab some lib files as well to make it work, but I have them up and running fine here.The threads are on Android Police.

One thing, the new GNL seems to have dropped the option for a transparent app drawer, or I forgot how to set it. It's white. Yuk.

• 1 Likes

merman1983

merman1983

Android Beginner

• 33 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 04:14 PM #15013

1st sorry about posting headphone issue. I cleaned my headphone jack and the problem went away. Dumb. 2nd since switching to Shiny I am astounded by the performance and stability. Perhaps I've been on the CM train too long. This plus my Tinykernel plus Gravitybox is the best my phone has been in 2.5 years. If this keeps up maybe I won't need to upgrade... That being said I was thinking N6 but it's just too big. I would get a Turbo and just hope that it is unlocked. Then it's just a matter of disabling the capacitive buttons and switching to on screen (ez pz). This or the G3 see G as how it is already unlocked. I have a small tablet I don't need another one. I was really trying to convince myself

Edited by merman1983, 17 October 2014 - 04:16 PM.

• 0 Likes

Toro/CM11 M4 TinyKernel

mondos

mondos

Android Lover

• 117 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:30 PM #15014

Android L API's have been released. I'm not sure if that means you can start building at L shiny rom, but it's something!

http://developer.and...ndroid-5.0.html

• 0 Likes

RW-1

RW-1

Rotory Winged Droider

Posted Yesterday, 04:07 AM #15015

Android L API's have been released. I'm not sure if that means you can start building at L shiny rom, but it's something!

http://developer.and...ndroid-5.0.html

Nope, you need source for AOSP to begin that, although someone may port or try to begin from the ADK, which was released yesterday.

• 1 Likes