57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](8/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

inmanster

inmanster

Electronics Enthusiast

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:26 PM #14871

Inmanster,

Any chance we could please get the 2100 mAh and the Grey Battery Percentage mods for the 8/9 build? Your consideration is greatly appreciated!

Here you go:

ShinyROM-080914-2100-BatteryPCTGrey

Plus here is each mod in it's own flashable zip (you can mix the BatteryPCTGrey mod with any of the mAh mods):

ShinyROM-080914-2100mAh

ShinyROM-080914-BatteryPCTGrey

These are untested but I'm sure everything will be OK.

• 4 Likes

Current Device - HTC One (M8) - Rooted, S-Off, Stock-Based ROM (CleanROM, Skyfall, BoneStock)

---The Links Below are Mostly for the GNex Toro---

Check out all of my mods in this Box Folder
Modding Guides and Info - WIP

Spreadsheet to enter your GNex information to possibly help with data issues

trz34

trz34

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:00 PM #14872

Here you go:

ShinyROM-080914-2100-BatteryPCTGrey

Plus here is each mod in it's own flashable zip (you can mix the BatteryPCTGrey mod with any of the mAh mods):

ShinyROM-080914-2100mAh

ShinyROM-080914-BatteryPCTGrey

These are untested but I'm sure everything will be OK.

Thank you sir! Great work as always!

• 2 Likes

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 304 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:40 PM #14873

I'm running 8/09 with no addons. I am looking to start using google wallet, so I finally went to Verizon and got an NFC Sim card with a secure element. I opened up the google wallet app for the first time and it seem to run with no errors.

Does tap to pay work on 8/09 toro and does google wallet do it without any configuration?
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

DirtyJerz

DirtyJerz

Android Lover

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:59 PM #14874

I'm running 8/09 with no addons. I am looking to start using google wallet, so I finally went to Verizon and got an NFC Sim card with a secure element. I opened up the google wallet app for the first time and it seem to run with no errors.

Does tap to pay work on 8/09 toro and does google wallet do it without any configuration?

HCE emulation for our NXP chipset is still closed source, so no tap and pay for now. Hopefully there will be an open source implementation released soon. 

On another note. I'm getting really fed up with the 3g/4g handoffs. I live in a well populated suburb but spotty 4g (may be the radios in the GNex). I'm gonna go back to messing around on the telephony again to see if I can figure it out a little better. 

• 2 Likes

AuroEdge

AuroEdge

Android Babies

• 304 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:55 PM #14875

HCE emulation for our NXP chipset is still closed source, so no tap and pay for now. Hopefully there will be an open source implementation released soon.

On another note. I'm getting really fed up with the 3g/4g handoffs. I live in a well populated suburb but spotty 4g (may be the radios in the GNex). I'm gonna go back to messing around on the telephony again to see if I can figure it out a little better.

It's all coming back to me now. At this time it seems like the only NFC payment supported is whatever Verizon's partner is on 4.2.2 toro official.

I've noticed a lot of handoffs between 3g and 4g too lately. Doesn't affect my ability to use the phone. Must be something with Verizon's network.

BTW the Verizon rep said they're getting the next nexus but didn't know when or what the name is. Last I checked this was all still a rumor.
  • 1 Likes
Posted Image

DirtyJerz

DirtyJerz

Android Lover

Posted Yesterday, 03:47 PM #14876

It's all coming back to me now. At this time it seems like the only NFC payment supported is whatever Verizon's partner is on 4.2.2 toro official.

I've noticed a lot of handoffs between 3g and 4g too lately. Doesn't affect my ability to use the phone. Must be something with Verizon's network.

BTW the Verizon rep said they're getting the next nexus but didn't know when or what the name is. Last I checked this was all still a rumor.

That would be so f'n sweet if it's true.

Data handoffs: I have a working theory but I'd like to bounce it off of a few ppl more familiar with APNs. If the MCC and MNC pairs come from the towers and tell the phone what type of connections, maybe we need to update our apns-conf.XML? It looks out of date compared to the AOSP and CM versions. I threw the updated aosp one on my phone in recovery and reduced the persist.radio.APN_delay value to 1000 and the handoffs have been very, very fast. If someone wants to verify, I'll walk them through it, just pm me.
  • 0 Likes

DirtyJerz

DirtyJerz

Android Lover

Posted Yesterday, 03:48 PM #14877

Dbl post

Edited by DirtyJerz, Yesterday, 03:58 PM.

• 0 Likes

tincbtrar

tincbtrar

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted Today, 05:02 AM #14878

That would be so f'n sweet if it's true.

Data handoffs: I have a working theory but I'd like to bounce it off of a few ppl more familiar with APNs. If the MCC and MNC pairs come from the towers and tell the phone what type of connections, maybe we need to update our apns-conf.XML? It looks out of date compared to the AOSP and CM versions. I threw the updated aosp one on my phone in recovery and reduced the persist.radio.APN_delay value to 1000 and the handoffs have been very, very fast. If someone wants to verify, I'll walk them through it, just pm me.

Sounds cool. Where did you get the updated file?
  • 0 Likes