Rate this Topic

57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](6/21/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

• Please log in to reply

defrisselle

defrisselle

• 83 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:56 AM #14711

I've posted previously that I've moved to the LG G2 at the end of May on the Edge program. The GNex is still up and running, now in the hands of my girlfriend. 
I really do with Verizon would get a new pure Android phone, the G2 isn't too bad on added value crap. Really, I'd like phones to be like computers.  Sold with or without OS, able to install and update my own with just voice and data service provided by the carrier.

• 0 Likes

Bamzilla

Bamzilla

• 39 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:48 PM #14712

It's been happening for awhile to me but is fixed most times by restarting but I am getting messages that say not sent in hangouts but they do end up going through but it will be stuck on sending or say message failed. I'm on the latest version of Shiny with the latest Fancy kernel too.

Sent from my phone

• 0 Likes

tlewelle

tlewelle

• 36 posts

Posted Today, 08:26 AM #14713

It's been happening for awhile to me but is fixed most times by restarting but I am getting messages that say not sent in hangouts but they do end up going through but it will be stuck on sending or say message failed. I'm on the latest version of Shiny with the latest Fancy kernel too.

Sent from my phone

Strange. Are problems when not on WiFi? Do you have data enabled toggled on under the mobile network settings? Perhaps clear the cache of hangouts app.
  • 0 Likes

rcozzi

rcozzi

Android Master

• 519 posts

Posted Today, 08:30 AM #14714

That was quick! Already another full release update for Fancy kernel. The urgency was in order to fix some issues reported with r52 this one is r53. Boype is really on top of it all.

• 0 Likes

GNex 32 on Shiny 6/21 w/ Fancy r52 kernel

3DLover

3DLover

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted Today, 01:05 PM #14715

I'm posting an update on my status. I've not been able to do mods lately due to computer issues. I hope to either have it fixed or replaced shortly. Also a few of you know but most don't that my 19 year old daughter was killed in a car accident in May. I try to stay busy with work and friends and don't spend a lot of time at home which is where I do my modding. I've been reading up in the thread and will try and get a few of the requested done. I don't have an ETA but will do it.

Didn't expect to be hit in the feels reading this thread.  Sorry about the loss.  Going to hug my kids extra hard tonight.

Edited by 3DLover, Today, 02:05 PM.

• 0 Likes