57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](3/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.2] [KVT49L]

• Please log in to reply

MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers

Big Bird

• 64 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:42 PM #11

Awesome, I'll be flashing as soon as my phone is charged. All I wanted was a Nexus that was kept up to date with stock ROMs but Verizon killed that dream. This should be right up my alley, and keep me in compliance at work.

Also, does this have any volume tweaks built in to make the sound louder?

Edited by MrBigFeathers, 22 November 2012 - 11:52 PM.

• 0 Likes

soccer568

soccer568

• 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:09 AM #12

Just flashed and everything is running smooth so far. I think it is a candidate as a daily driver. Thanks
  • 0 Likes

OsoRemby

OsoRemby

most interesting mutha$@&*# in android

• 122 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:57 AM #13

This guy has the most informative well written op ever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 10 Likes

MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers

Big Bird

• 64 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:36 AM #14

Of course Google had to ruin it with their 4.2 bugs lol. This ROM is perfect other than what Google needs to fix like the vibration bug in the stock email app. Where if you set the notification to never vibrate it vibrates anyway. Since I get hundreds of emails a day that kind of sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

SLaGG3r

SLaGG3r

Android Beginner

• 82 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:53 AM #15

Does this include the dream savers( or what ever they are called ) ?
  • 0 Likes

OP baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:56 AM #16

Just flashed and everything is running smooth so far. I think it is a candidate as a daily driver. Thanks

This guy has the most informative well written op ever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Lol no problem guys! Just wanted to make sure I covered everything in the OP :)

Of course Google had to ruin it with their 4.2 bugs lol. This ROM is perfect other than what Google needs to fix like the vibration bug in the stock email app. Where if you set the notification to never vibrate it vibrates anyway. Since I get hundreds of emails a day that kind of sucks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Oh yes I noticed that bug also because I'm pretty sure it happens with all notifications. For example, in the GMail app even if you have vibration turned off the phone vibrates when I get an email. I think it has something to due with the global ringer settings actually...do you happen to have "Vibrate when ringing" checked in the sound settings? I think it might have to do with that. I'm going to look into it for sure. And as for your previous question, I didn't modify any of the volume settings but I could add in the one extra volume step; I just never thought to because my phone is on vibrate most of the time.
  • 0 Likes

OP baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:57 AM #17

Does this include the dream savers( or what ever they are called ) ?

Haha yes all of the Daydreams are there including the Google Currents one :)
  • 0 Likes

MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers

Big Bird

• 64 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:28 AM #18

Lol no problem guys! Just wanted to make sure I covered everything in the OP :)

Oh yes I noticed that bug also because I'm pretty sure it happens with all notifications. For example, in the GMail app even if you have vibration turned off the phone vibrates when I get an email. I think it has something to due with the global ringer settings actually...do you happen to have "Vibrate when ringing" checked in the sound settings? I think it might have to do with that. I'm going to look into it for sure. And as for your previous question, I didn't modify any of the volume settings but I could add in the one extra volume step; I just never thought to because my phone is on vibrate most of the time.

Yeah looks like it just isn't behaving as it should.

https://github.com/a...7a70189a0fba31a

I wish I knew more than I do, I'm not sure what people have been changing to make it function as it used to.

I know I have it sent to never vibrate and silent for the ringtone, unless silent doesn't count as no ringtone lol.

I do have vibrate when ringing checked, i like the phone to vibrate and ring at the same time.

Thanks!
  • 1 Likes

Shadow0790

Shadow0790

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:57 AM #19

Just installed the rom, my phone is not running smooth at all. Very laggy I installed and re-installed 3 times and I am still getting the same results. Other than that its working fine! :)
  • 0 Likes

OP baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:04 PM #20

Yeah looks like it just isn't behaving as it should.

https://github.com/a...7a70189a0fba31a

I wish I knew more than I do, I'm not sure what people have been changing to make it function as it used to.

I know I have it sent to never vibrate and silent for the ringtone, unless silent doesn't count as no ringtone lol.

I do have vibrate when ringing checked, i like the phone to vibrate and ring at the same time.

Thanks!

Thanks for the additional info. I'm checking it out right now.

Just installed the rom, my phone is not running smooth at all. Very laggy I installed and re-installed 3 times and I am still getting the same results. Other than that its working fine! :)

Hmmm well I'm guessing you wiped data, right? Is this your first time on 4.2? Many of us have noticed an increase in lag throughout the system in 4.2, I'm trying to find a way to make it smoother.
  • 0 Likes