57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](3/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.2] [KVT49L]

• Please log in to reply

phoney6

phoney6

Android Beginner

• 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:59 AM #14041

I never got it to work. I couldn't figure out why my phone was super sluggish and would crash sometimes. I realized I had tap to pay enabled and when I disabled the app all symptoms disappeared. Don't we need a specific type of sim card for it to work?

No special Sim was required for the gnex. Some phones do need one.
  • 0 Likes

DroidDoes

DroidDoes

• 68 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:17 AM #14042

It is confirmed.... Glass KitKat is running Linux kernel 3.4.83 on an OMAP 4430 chipset.  Let the new Gnex kernel development BEGIN!!!!!!

• 4 Likes

Winkz7

Winkz7

Android Beginner

• 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:28 PM #14043

This may be a bit off topic,

I got the Gear Fit Manager apk loaded on my phone as a test last night.  It starts to open and then I get the "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Manager has stopped."  message.  I imagine that it has a list of supported devices or something built in.

I don't have the skills that many of you have.  I would be willing to share the apk with anyone that would want to try to modify it to work on the Mighty GNEX.

Let me know and I'll send it along.

Thanks!

• 0 Likes

widowsson

widowsson

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:31 AM #14044

Tap & Pay is dead for me as well.  Google says it is :Verizon does not support Google Wallet at this time".  I emailed them back that this was a BS answer because I've had hundreds of successful T/P transactions and it only quit working recently.

We'll see what they say.  In the meantime, perhaps someone can fix it for us.

• 0 Likes

ThePanduuh

ThePanduuh

• 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:47 AM #14045

What are good kernel options for this ROM? I'm using tiny right now but 5.5 (NO ASRAM) has been killing my battery. I've tried Franco but never used it. I don't want to overclock, or under volt, I just want a kernel that is reliable and allows me to use PGM and change the color settings for the screen. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes

GNex (toro)Shiny KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H - Tiny Kernel 5.5 NO ASRAM

OP baldwinguy77

baldwinguy77

Shiny ROM

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:17 AM #14046

Hey guys! Looks like the Glass factory image just dropped and the kernel source should be available already - I'm gonna start to look into that while we wait for 4.4.3 :) As for Tap & Pay, I don't have anything definitive to say about it yet. It seems like there should be a way to enable HCE, but I'm not sure if the binaries and libs will match up with our hardware. We'll see!

• 5 Likes

dracon6ai

dracon6ai

Android Lover

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:38 AM #14047

What are good kernel options for this ROM? I'm using tiny right now but 5.5 (NO ASRAM) has been killing my battery. I've tried Franco but never used it. I don't want to overclock, or under volt, I just want a kernel that is reliable and allows me to use PGM and change the color settings for the screen. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The newest Franco is what I've been using for those exact same reasons.

***Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before one gets tired.***

• 0 Likes

dracon6ai

dracon6ai

Android Lover

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:38 AM #14048

Double post

Edited by dracon6ai, 17 April 2014 - 09:13 PM.

• 0 Likes

DroidDoes

DroidDoes

• 68 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:42 AM #14049

Hey guys! Looks like the Glass factory image just dropped and the kernel source should be available already - I'm gonna start to look into that while we wait for 4.4.3 :) As for Tap & Pay, I don't have anything definitive to say about it yet. It seems like there should be a way to enable HCE, but I'm not sure if the binaries and libs will match up with our hardware. We'll see!

I was just about to post a link to the factory image for glass.  Exciting times!!! 

Just in case anyone here is interested the factory image for glass can be found here https://developers.g...ownloads/system

• 0 Likes

defens23

defens23

Android Lover

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:09 PM #14050

I switched to VZ messaging like a month ago. I've had no problems sending/receiving SMS and MMS any time. I have to say I like the confirmation notifications as well as the cross device functionality. I can even send texts from my Nexus 10. Only downside I can point out is how hideous the UI is. Function>Form

• 0 Likes