Rate this Topic

57 votes

[ROM][AOSP](3/9/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.2] [KVT49L]

• Please log in to reply

Mickle

Mickle

• 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:18 PM #13801

Quick question I wanted to throw out there... Is there anyone who before 3/9 was still having pretty bad data handoff problems, who now, after 3/9, do not have those problems any more?

I've had a real hard time testing any of this new stuff lately, because my last round of fixes work 99.9% of the time for me. So I'm kind of hoping the latest things fill in that last .1%, and maybe fill the gap for other users.

I wasn't having issues as bad as some others but I did have some occasions that the handoff was very slow (~30sec) and in low service areas where it tries to switch back and fourth I basically had no data. So far on the 3/9 build I haven't noticed this issue. There was one time that I didn't have connection and I checked the settings screen and I had data connection within 5-6 seconds.

Overall I am very happy with this build and I use GPS and data constantly because I work on the road. Battery life has been on par for me as well but I haven't had any real issues with that.
  • 0 Likes

defens23

defens23

Android Lover

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:26 PM #13802

I've always turned off touch sounds just for personal preference, but what I have done now is set it to "prefer" 3G only.  Although that kind of ruins the point of having a 4G phone, I'll stick with it if I can keep my phone working for a whole day! Thanks

How do you set the phone up for just 3G?

• 0 Likes

DroidRootz

DroidRootz

?

• 230 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:46 PM #13803

How do you set the phone up for just 3G?

settings>wireless & networks>more...>mobile networks>preferred network type

• 0 Likes

KShion619

KShion619

Average Android

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:59 PM #13804

2100mAh Battery doesnt boot the new update, upon switching to standard battery it works amazingly, is there any undervolting done in the most recent kernel?

• 0 Likes

DroidRootz

DroidRootz

?

• 230 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:05 PM #13805

battery life has been good for me with stock shiny kernel 

make sure you clean flash - wipe system, dalvik and cache  

try turning off anything that may update in the background like weather apps, social apps, google now, location reporting, etc.  

also lower screen brightness - I keep mine at 20% and it's fine except for direct sunlight 

make sure you're getting deep sleep - use CPU spy to check 

check for wake locks & more battery info with  Better Battery Stats

you could try switching to ART but I've had better results with dalvik 

I also have BusyBox installed - I don't know if that would effect battery life at all 

hope that helps 

Edited by DroidRootz, 11 March 2014 - 01:20 PM.

• 0 Likes

DroidRootz

DroidRootz

?

• 230 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:12 PM #13806

2100mAh Battery doesnt boot the new update, upon switching to standard battery it works amazingly, is there any undervolting done in the most recent kernel?

I'm using a 2100mAh battery and it works fine 

maybe your battery is going bad ?

I recently switched back to TWRP recovery instead of CWM  

not sure if that makes any difference  

Edited by DroidRootz, 11 March 2014 - 01:14 PM.

• 0 Likes

KShion619

KShion619

Average Android

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:33 PM #13807

If the battery was dying, would bootloader/recovery still work?

Adding info: Plugging into PC/Charger allows it to run fine, with no mobile radios and upon unplugging it makes the fizzle out effect that shows when undervolting too far and shuts down instead of rebooting. and i use a external charger that reports the battery as full and my phone said afterwards its at 12% and continues the same symptoms. Bootloader Based charging reports almost full (one step) from full

• 0 Likes

defens23

defens23

Android Lover

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:33 PM #13808

settings>wireless & networks>more...>mobile networks>preferred network type

Thanks

• 0 Likes

Komet

Komet

Android Lover

• 201 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:43 PM #13809

Quick question I wanted to throw out there... Is there anyone who before 3/9 was still having pretty bad data handoff problems, who now, after 3/9, do not have those problems any more?

I've had a real hard time testing any of this new stuff lately, because my last round of fixes work 99.9% of the time for me.  So I'm kind of hoping the latest things fill in that last .1%, and maybe fill the gap for other users.

I was having pretty bad handoff issues for the last two releases but they have completely gone away in 3/09. I also have a much better signal in almost all locations. In the east side of the office (with essentially the entire concrete/steel building between me and the nearest cell tower) I now have 3 bars and can access data with ease whereas before I had one bar and basically zero access.

Edited by Komet, 11 March 2014 - 01:47 PM.

• 3 Likes

RW-1

RW-1

Rotory Winged Droider

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:47 PM #13810

De,

I'd fall into a similar camp (Komet Camp? :) ).

3/9 has been infinitely better data wise for me, and as stated previously it wakes quicker as well to take calls.

I'm loving 3/9 so far...

Edited by RW-1, 11 March 2014 - 02:49 PM.

• 2 Likes