- - - - -

LG Spectrum 2

• Please log in to reply

OP poppajules

poppajules

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:22 PM #1

I just got my new Spectrum 2, which is pretty awesome. However, there seems to be no buzz about this stellar phone. Along with the lack of buzz, there's no support so far, either. I posted in the Spectrum forum, but figured I'd address it to a larger crowd. Btw, the silence surroundig this phone exists everywhere.. So does anyone have any comments on this?
  • 0 Likes

lazymangaka

lazymangaka

Average Android

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:17 PM #2

The silence for this phone is deafening. Every bit of coverage so far seems to date from the release announcement at the end of October, and there's been almost no buzz at all since then. It's a shame too, because this is a really awesome phone at a really awesome price.
  • 0 Likes

droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Android Beginner

• 62 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:20 PM #3

Ill trade my new Gs3 for one. If its got same specs. I like the new phones thst nobody has. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

lazymangaka

lazymangaka

Average Android

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:21 PM #4

Ill trade my new Gs3 for one. If its got same specs. I like the new phones thst nobody has. Lol

The only thing that's different vs the GSIII is 1GB of RAM and a .1" smaller screen. I haven't noticed any sort of performance impact from only having 1GB of RAM, and the slightly smaller screen actually gives the Spectrum 2 a better pixel density, because the resolution is the same.
  • 0 Likes

OP poppajules

poppajules

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:04 AM #5

I agree. This phone is SICK. I can only imagine the possibilities if we had a dedicated dev.. I actually did side by side comparisons on the Verizon site with the razr maxx hd and some others right around the same price, and I ended up with this based on specs alone. I would love to know what is going to happen. If LG made crappy phones before, then I guess it makes sense, but LG has always been consistent. I came from droid x and HTC resound so this is epic for me. I want some support! Lol

Sent from my VS930 4G using RootzWiki

Edited by poppajules, 17 November 2012 - 11:05 AM.

• 0 Likes

lazymangaka

lazymangaka

Average Android

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:22 PM #6

Yeah, this is my 5th LG phone. LG PM-225, LG Dare, LG EnV Touch, and LG Ally before this one.

Edited by lazymangaka, 17 November 2012 - 06:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP poppajules

poppajules

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:21 PM #7

Well I guess here's to hoping we get a dev.

• 0 Likes

w4rbytez

w4rbytez

• 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:19 AM #8

I love this phone. Even with all the bloatware (Lets Play Golf 3?). Can't wait for someone with brainz to crack her open.
  • 0 Likes

xXxGeek

xXxGeek

DrTechService

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:26 AM #9

(UPDATED 6-16-2013) LINKPosted ImageLG SPECTRUM II VS930 ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS

Edited by xXxGeek, 16 June 2013 - 03:07 PM.

• 0 Likes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

OP poppajules

poppajules

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:16 AM #10

Has anyone been using the RAM optimized built in the LG software...? I am rooted and I froze a bunch of stuff, by the LOWEST number I get is 549, which is still quite a bit.

I was also wondering if someone is compiling a list of freezable apps.. I have a few, and I still experiment.

Edit- RAM number was wrong

Edited by poppajules, 24 December 2012 - 11:16 PM.

• 0 Likes