- - - - -

Gmail sync/notification does not go away

• Please log in to reply

OP travishamockery

travishamockery

Android Apprentice

• 70 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:14 PM #1

Question for you all. I'm coming from a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon and moved to the S3 now. On the nexus when I would delete or view an email in the gmail web page, the mail notification in the status bar would go away. Since I switched to the S3 I'm noticing this never happens and the notification for new mail remains even if I've deleted this through the web. I'm curious if this is normal and just a software bug or if I'm just the lucky one. Thanks all.
  • 0 Likes

Spotmark

Spotmark

Flashaholic

• 736 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:32 PM #2

Goes away for me. Try setting up your GMail again, on the phone.
  • 0 Likes
A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
Spotmark

OP travishamockery

travishamockery

Android Apprentice

• 70 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:58 PM #3

Goes away for me. Try setting up your GMail again, on the phone.

Tried that already, thanks though. I'm wondering if it's rom related. I'm on Jelly Bean's Build 2. I'll try build 3 tonight and see. Any other input is welcome though.
  • 0 Likes

MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Chief Smartass

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:20 PM #4

So you check it on PC and it clears on phone? Similar to hosted exchange/IMAP email? I'll test tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Goose306

Goose306

Goosie Pizzle

• 2,582 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:01 AM #5

Pretty sure it clears itself on delete on AOSP like a GNex, may be an issue with TW. I would test it but I'm literally about 5 minutes from walking out the door to work and I'm on AOSP. If no-one else has tested it by tonight I can do it then.

Edited by Goose306, 16 November 2012 - 04:02 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP travishamockery

travishamockery

Android Apprentice

• 70 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:14 AM #6

So you check it on PC and it clears on phone? Similar to hosted exchange/IMAP email? I'll test tomorrow.

Pretty sure it clears itself on delete on AOSP like a GNex, may be an issue with TW. I would test it but I'm literally about 5 minutes from walking out the door to work and I'm on AOSP. If no-one else has tested it by tonight I can do it then.

MistaWolfe yep that's exactly it.

Goose306 thanks appreciate it. I'll load up aosp tonight to test that theory unless you reply before then. Thanks again for the ideas guys.

Wonder why aosp would and tw wouldn't if that is the case. You'd think you would want that to be universal.

• 0 Likes

blaineevans

blaineevans

su

• 2,292 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:11 AM #7

If you give it time to resync it should clear. I have noticed that it takes much longer than AOSP to clear the notification, but eventually it works. :P
  • 0 Likes

Spotmark

Spotmark

Flashaholic

• 736 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:18 AM #8

Just another reason to get rid of SuckWiz. :P
  • 0 Likes
A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
Spotmark

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:15 AM #9

Just another reason to get rid of SuckWiz. :P

TouchWiz has come a long way and I actually like it...even after owning a GNex. O_o
  • 1 Likes

Spotmark

Spotmark

Flashaholic

• 736 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:17 AM #10

TouchWiz has come a long way and I actually like it...even after owning a GNex. O_o

Just a joke. Don't get your ass in an uproar. ;) I know it has it's fans, I'm just not one of them.

Edited by Spotmark, 16 November 2012 - 08:17 AM.

• 0 Likes
Spotmark