1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Calendar not syncing after market update?

• Please log in to reply

OP TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:19 AM #1

I've been having this problem now since I updated the calendar from the market. My sync just will not work. Anybody else have the same thing occur after updating from the market?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (CNA 3.8, Zen v3.1, TWRP 2.3)

• 0 Likes

imnuts

imnuts

Disabled User

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:59 PM #2

I can't get the latest version of calendar from maguro to sync, or the latest version from the market, and I have no idea why it doesn't work or how to fix it. Logcat shows me an authorization error when trying to log in.
  • 0 Likes

brkshr

brkshr

Nexus 5

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:03 PM #3

Is CalendarProvider.apk still in system/app?
  • 0 Likes

Nexus 5 - Stock 4.2.2 - Rooted

Nexus 7(13) - Stock 4.2.2 - Rooted

OP TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:58 PM #4

Is CalendarProvider.apk still in system/app?

It is indeed. I literally updated from the market, no more syncing. Weird...

• 0 Likes

kevmueller

kevmueller

Average Android

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:41 AM #5

I just tried updated my calendar online and then went and checked my phone and it was updated correctly. I am on AOKP.
  • 0 Likes

brkshr

brkshr

Nexus 5

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:32 AM #6

It is indeed. I literally updated from the market, no more syncing. Weird...

Ya, that's pretty weird. The Play Store Calendar works fine on my GNex & my S3, both running CM10.

I only mentioned CalendarProvider.apk because that is the only thing that has caused this problem for me in the past. You could try deleting the Calendar.apk in system/apps (or better yet, just add ".bak" to the end so you don't lose it), but I doubt that is what's causing this. The only other thing I could think of would be to check your Google accounts under settings & make sure that it is still checked to sync. I'm sure you've already checked that though...
  • 0 Likes

OP TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:27 AM #7

Ya, that's pretty weird. The Play Store Calendar works fine on my GNex & my S3, both running CM10.

I only mentioned CalendarProvider.apk because that is the only thing that has caused this problem for me in the past. You could try deleting the Calendar.apk in system/apps (or better yet, just add ".bak" to the end so you don't lose it), but I doubt that is what's causing this. The only other thing I could think of would be to check your Google accounts under settings & make sure that it is still checked to sync. I'm sure you've already checked that though...

I don't have calendar.apk /system/app actually. But I'm pretty sure that's actually normal right? I use the Formula GApps and I think it goes in the /data/app section now?

• 0 Likes

brkshr

brkshr

Nexus 5

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:01 PM #8

I don't have calendar.apk /system/app actually. But I'm pretty sure that's actually normal right? I use the Formula GApps and I think it goes in the /data/app section now?

Calendar.apk should have been in your system/app folder, unless you deleted it or something else happened to it. CNA 3.8 comes with it in there, I just checked. I also just checked formula84's gapps & it has the calendar in the system/app folder as well.

As far as the Calendar app from the Play Store, you are right that, that will be in your data/app folder.

If I were you, I would reflash your ROM & GApps. You shouldn't need to wipe data, unless the problem persists. I would also try CMs official GApps, unless there is a reason you like Formula84's better.

http://goo.im/gapps
  • 0 Likes