- - - - -

Pandora force closing

• Please log in to reply

OP CC16177

CC16177

I CAN'T STOP IT'S TOO DANGEROUS

• 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:07 AM #1

Anyone having issues with Pandora just force closing as soon as you open it? I don't know when I started having the problem exactly but it's been at least a few weeks now.

At first it only seemed to happen when I would open Pandora after being connected to my car via bluetooth... but now it's happening no matter what. The only fix I have is to clear app data (or uninstall) and then I add my Pandora account again.

It will work until I receive a phone call or exit Pandora and then I have to do it all over again.

It's pretty annoying and i've tried several different ROMs with no luck. Currently on AOKP JB M1...
  • 0 Likes

ChuckTu

ChuckTu

Android Beginner

• 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:17 AM #2

I am having the same issue...like you I'm not sure when it started happening but the last few days I have tried to use it again the problem began. If I force stop and clear data and restart it does nothing, but if I uninstall and re-install I can run it once. Then subsequent attempts at launching it result in force closes. Currently on Jelly Belly 9.4
  • 0 Likes

OP CC16177

CC16177

• 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:10 AM #3

I am having the same issue...like you I'm not sure when it started happening but the last few days I have tried to use it again the problem began. If I force stop and clear data and restart it does nothing, but if I uninstall and re-install I can run it once. Then subsequent attempts at launching it result in force closes. Currently on Jelly Belly 9.4

Yeah it's really annoying. I had changed my build.prop to think I was GSM in order to download Wallet and I thought maybe that had messed it up... I went to a backup from prior to changing the build.prop and it worked great for a day or two and then started happening again.
  • 0 Likes

ChuckTu

ChuckTu

Android Beginner

• 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:39 PM #4

Do you happen to have any 4.2 components installed? New camera maybe? Because I know Jelly Belly 9.4 has some 4.2 baked into it already...maybe Pandora just hasn't gotten around to updating something for it yet...
  • 0 Likes

OP CC16177

CC16177

• 654 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:15 PM #5

Yes I have the camera installed from 4.2 and that's a great point I hadn't thought of.

I'll try going back and see if it helps. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Slomies

Slomies

Androidork

• 71 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM #6

I'm on Eclipse build 4 with Gmail and Camera 4.2 and I'm not having any issues with Pandora v1.7.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Icandroid

Icandroid

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 AM #7

Install one of the ad blocking apps like Adaway (assuming you're rooted) and it'll stop force closing... Same thing was happening to me, force close when the initial ad popped up. I use Tasker to launch Pandora in the AM as my alarm clock so waking up late every day was really starting to piss me off
  • 0 Likes

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:43 AM #8

Wipe data/cache for the app or just uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn't work, do a fresh install of the ROM. This almost fixes every problem I've ever had with force closing or apps not installing. Also if you did any animation changes, this sometimes this breaks the system and causes force closes. I've notice this the most in MIUI. Hope that helps. BTW I'm running AOKP right now and it works fine for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Edited by andrewjt19, 16 November 2012 - 05:45 AM.

• 0 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com

ChuckTu

ChuckTu

Android Beginner

• 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:03 AM #9

Install one of the ad blocking apps like Adaway (assuming you're rooted) and it'll stop force closing... Same thing was happening to me, force close when the initial ad popped up. I use Tasker to launch Pandora in the AM as my alarm clock so waking up late every day was really starting to piss me off

Thanks for this suggestion...as soon as I installed AdAway the force closing stopped...must be some sort of defect in the Pandora ads...
  • 0 Likes

gotbeer

gotbeer

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:32 PM #10

I had the same problem and ad away fixed it for me as well.
  • 0 Likes