Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Is anyone looking into getting the Droid DNA

• Please log in to reply

OP Spencer_Moore

Spencer_Moore

Average Android

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:12 AM #1

I am still a little hesitant considering the on board storage is only 16gb, but that's my only drawback. Should I just hold off on getting a new phone or should I jump on it? Thoughts?
  • 0 Likes

vcapezio

vcapezio

Android Lover

• 147 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:44 AM #2

I'm looking into it, but I'm waiting on reports about battery life. If that comes back less than stellar (which I'm assuming), I'm probably going to get the Note 2.
  • 0 Likes

nunyazz

nunyazz

Gureaux...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:46 AM #3

Not for me. non-removable 2020mha battery and 16gb storage without sdcard.
  • 0 Likes

KHeeney5

KHeeney5

Android Beginner

• 136 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:52 AM #4

I think I'm probably going to pick one up next month. So far a few different people have been reporting the same battery life of the GSIII. I'm getting a little irritated with the GNex and I think the DNA will have a lot of dev support. I'll pick one up off contract at the end of the month, beginning of next. If I make it that long. ;)
  • 0 Likes

reidoreilly

reidoreilly

• 47 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:25 AM #5

thinking about it. I want to wait and see how the battery life turns out, and to see what kind of support it has. If I can get some pure android on there and disable those buttons then I most likely will get it.
  • 0 Likes

cstrife999

cstrife999

I ate my in-laws...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:27 AM #6

I'm thinking about it. I want to try it, the note 2, and gs 3 out in store first.
  • 0 Likes
At the end it's all... :erm:

vcapezio

vcapezio

Android Lover

• 147 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:40 AM #7

thinking about it. I want to wait and see how the battery life turns out, and to see what kind of support it has. If I can get some pure android on there and disable those buttons then I most likely will get it.

Why would you want to disable the buttons and then take up screen real estate for the software buttons? They have the same function.
  • 0 Likes

DirgeExtinction

DirgeExtinction

Android Apprentice

• 285 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:56 AM #8

I think I'm probably going to pick one up next month. So far a few different people have been reporting the same battery life of the GSIII. I'm getting a little irritated with the GNex and I think the DNA will have a lot of dev support. I'll pick one up off contract at the end of the month, beginning of next. If I make it that long. ;)

The DNA has already been rooted and has custom recovery. I think a custom kernel too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Spaniard85

Spaniard85

Air Force Android

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:02 AM #9

I'm definitely considering it. I just switched back to my Nexus from my S3 to try out some 4.2 goodness, but the plan now is probably sell my GS3 to fund most of the DNA purchase.
  • 0 Likes
Yes, I used to work for VZW. Ask me anything.

VZW Galaxy Nexus - Unofficial AOKP Nightlies

masully84

masully84

Super User

• 429 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:24 AM #10

No

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  • 0 Likes

S4(VZW) ROM: CM10.2 nightlies Kernel: Ktoonsez KT-SGS4 9-17 4.3 AOSP Recovery: TWRP 2.5.0.2

Nexus 7 ROM: CM10.2 nightlies Kernel: LeanKernel v2.2 Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0