Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Which Tablet?

• Please log in to reply

OP Brian G

Brian G

• 95 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:17 PM #1

Which Tablet would be closest to abilities and development of our phone? Are there any that have CM10 that are worth having?

I wouldn't need it to be 4g capable, or even 3. I'd use WiFi for any internet purposes. I would mainly just like the smoothness and ability to run CM10 or CM10 based ROMs. And a real nice display as I'd mainly be using it for movie purposes.

Sdcard capability is a deal killer. It's gotta have it.
  • 0 Likes

Mattes

Mattes

Supporting Member

• 433 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:31 PM #2

In my 100% non-biased opinion (I have a galaxy tabs tab 7, and a 10.1) go for a Nexus 7 or a Nexus 10 depending on your price/screen size needs, and due to both being AOSP devices you'll have the best devolepment options.

Now, I'll also say this the 7 does not have an SD card but my tab 7 has had 3 sdcard failures and my Nexus has had none ;( (But, I don't know your reasons for the SD cards but in 9/10 situations there is an alternative)

To the best of my knowledge the nexus 10 has a sdcard slot
  • 0 Likes

TenderloinShadow

TenderloinShadow

Android Freak

• 1,406 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:37 PM #3

I'd add to take a look at the Note 10.1. I've never owned any Note device, but I've always felt the pen is cool. lol
  • 0 Likes
Rocking an HP Touchpad and an UNLOCKED Verizon SGS3, and lovin' it all

OP Brian G

Brian G

• 95 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:16 AM #4

I want the sdcard in order to expand the capacity, dynamically.
  • 0 Likes

blaineevans

blaineevans

su

• 2,292 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:06 AM #5

If I were in the market, I'd definitely be going with the Nexus 10.
  • 0 Likes

MFD00M

MFD00M

Android Beginner

• 656 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:20 AM #6

If you're main use will be watching movies and running custom roms, I'd say the Nexus 10 as well. I don't see a mention of an SD card slot though =/ But you can easily use a usb dongle and pop in a thumb drive.
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:43 AM #7

If you're main use will be watching movies and running custom roms, I'd say the Nexus 10 as well. I don't see a mention of an SD card slot though =/ But you can easily use a usb dongle and pop in a thumb drive.

^ This! On my Nexus 7 I have a USB-OTG cable and a 32GB thumb drive I store movies and stuff on, so esentially I have 64GB total for the N7. More than plenty for me.

IMO you can't beat a Nexus tablet as far as owning an Android tablet. I've owned the GTab 8.9 and TF300T and hated them both honestly.

p.s. the Nexus 10 like MFD00M stated does not have an sdcard...it's a Nexus.
  • 0 Likes

Mattes

Mattes

Supporting Member

• 433 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:20 PM #8

p.s. the Nexus 10 like MFD00M stated does not have an sdcard...it's a Nexus.

Aww, I read a notable review that says it does (I originally was gonna say neither had it but didn't know a lot about the 10 so I google'd it)
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:27 PM #9

Aww, I read a notable review that says it does (I originally was gonna say neither had it but didn't know a lot about the 10 so I google'd it)

Yeah that would be nice but nope.

From their own site:

Memory

16 GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less)
2 GB RAM

(obviously the 32GB one will be 32GB lol)

https://play.google....featured#?t=W10.
  • 0 Likes

WhataSpaz

WhataSpaz

Why Not Zoidberg?

• 1,490 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:17 AM #10

My next 'tablet' will be running windows rt. But if you want an Android tablet, I still like the Asus Transformer Infinity (personal opinion)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
CURRENT PHONE: SGS III - SOME AOSP ROM - iX
SIGNATURE BY CLOUD NINE