- - - - -

DROID DNA In My Hands

• Please log in to reply

OP ApexPredation

ApexPredation

Android Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:32 AM #1

A few days back HTC was wonderful enough to give me a DROID DNA to play with. So far I have to say this device is close to perfect! It is unbelievably fast and responsive. The battery is meeting my demand so far and giving my 14+ hours all with 4G on 100% of the time. the battery is not removable so you have to hold the power for over 10 seconds to do a "battery pull" reset. Good news, in trying this I noticed that it is an S-off device. I am hoping that HTC is shipping them like this. I was told that I have a standard retail production model. I'm waiting on a response to see if this is going to be the way it will ship. I cant wait to see what kind of ROMs got maid for this monster.

Attached Thumbnails

• Resized.jpg

Edited by ApexPredation, 14 November 2012 - 11:33 AM.

• 0 Likes
Android ...it's a freedom thing.

g00s3y

g00s3y

appul pls

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:04 PM #2

I'm wanting to get this phone, but 16gb/no sd/2020mah battery/non-removable battery are really holding me back. Along with the fact that it will probably ship with S-ON
  • 0 Likes
Galaxy Nexus (VZW) - Rooted & Unlocked
Galaxy S3 (VZW) - Rooted & Unlocked

OP ApexPredation

ApexPredation

Android Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:32 PM #3

I'm wanting to get this phone, but 16gb/no sd/2020mah battery/non-removable battery are really holding me back. Along with the fact that it will probably ship with S-ON

I agree with you on the storage issue, but the battery is great so far.

Sent from my DROID DNA
  • 0 Likes

schadenfreude

schadenfreude

Android Beginner

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 PM #4

Can you post a screen shot with your battery life?
  • 0 Likes

dsb9938

dsb9938

Developer

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:16 PM #5

I can confirm great battery life. And I just posted an unsecured kernel in the dev section.

I will post how to root shortly. It's no walk in the park, but hey, they phone isn't even out yet.

D

• 0 Likes

jodeci888

jodeci888

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:22 PM #6

I agree with you on the storage issue, but the battery is great so far.

Sent from my DROID DNA

go to phonedog.com and watch there review, there is a point when someone asks about a 32gb and the guy from HTC slipped a lil and said right now they are releasing only the 16gb.... I have a feeling that a 32gb real quick.
  • 0 Likes

OP ApexPredation

ApexPredation

Android Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:53 PM #7

go to phonedog.com and watch there review, there is a point when someone asks about a 32gb and the guy from HTC slipped a lil and said right now they are releasing only the 16gb.... I have a feeling that a 32gb real quick.

I'm sure there will be a 32gb or 64gb out real soon

Sent from my DROID DNA
  • 0 Likes

OP ApexPredation

ApexPredation

Android Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:57 PM #8

Can you post a screen shot with your battery life?

I'll do a normal use test tomorrow and post a shot. I was messing with settings today and it only showed only 3 hours at 26% and I took it off the charge at 7 this morning.

Sent from my DROID DNA
  • 0 Likes

OP ApexPredation

ApexPredation

Android Enthusiast

• 25 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:27 PM #9

Just got a reply... They will ship S-ON. :-( Although it's probably better, to keep from having to deal a bunch of bricks.

Sent from my DROID DNA
  • 0 Likes

jodeci888

jodeci888

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:23 AM #10

I'm sure there will be a 32gb or 64gb out real soon

Sent from my DROID DNA

Thanks for the reply..... thats why I'm gonna play with one next week and then wait till the end of the year. Quick question what is the deal with "S-ON" (I'm a lil new to ROMs, I'm used to the Nexus). Thanks
  • 0 Likes