3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Panic! USCC Mesmerize-AOKP JB "Unfortunately, phone has stopped"

• Please log in to reply

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:54 AM #1

I turned on the phone today and I get a message, "Unfortunately, phone has stopped" The choices for, "Report | OK" do nothing so the phone is not working. I tried everything I know as far as repowering, bettery pull, power with volume down and nothing works. I put the AOKP JB on two days ago after this phone stopped receiving texts and all seemed good. Last PM I turned it off & put it on charger and now I am without a phone. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks
Howard
  • 0 Likes
Beekeeper for chordomafoundation.org
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

22stars

22stars

Herp Derp

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:17 PM #2

i see you said you tried "power with volume down", but have you tried the power + volume up and down to get into recovery? - is there any response when you plug it into a computer?
  • 0 Likes

OP challenger

challenger

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:41 PM #3

I don't know how I did this-I was trying everything and lost track but I was able to get into CW recovery and I reflashed the AOKP JB ROM. I had to reload everything etc. I wish there was a way to know what caused this. Is there some sort of log where the cause of the error may have come from?
In the future is there a less inrusive way to get the phone back up? I have read that the volume+power method doesn't work with rooted phones???
Thanks
Howard
  • 0 Likes
Beekeeper for chordomafoundation.org
SCH-I500
USCC
AOKP JB Milestone 1

FreeFlyr

FreeFlyr

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:12 PM #4

I don't know how I did this-I was trying everything and lost track but I was able to get into CW recovery and I reflashed the AOKP JB ROM. I had to reload everything etc. I wish there was a way to know what caused this. Is there some sort of log where the cause of the error may have come from?
In the future is there a less inrusive way to get the phone back up? I have read that the volume+power method doesn't work with rooted phones???
Thanks
Howard

AFAIK both volumes + power pressed works on JB but not ICS. When I first flashed CM10 I found out the long press power didn't work. I'm not sure about error logs though.
  • 0 Likes
SCH-I500
JB 4.1.1 - CM10/JT1134 Build 5
USCC